w02 black paint ????

BMF_Racing

ONE B.M.F.
hello,

I was going to repaint the black trim and grill and so on for my 1987 t-type W02, but what paint should i use ? where to get it ?:confused:

thanks,

Brad

I just repainted my headlight bezels and grill 3 days ago. Go to an automotive paint supply store and pick up an aerosol can of trim paint - satin black. Spray a light first coat and then go a little heavier with the second coat. I almost used a full can on just the grill and bezels. If you don't have an automotive paint supply store in your area, I know Kirban Performance carries this paint.

Attachments

• 99 sts 002.jpg
    99 sts 002.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 172
thanks, I'm going to repaint just the grill and bezels for now. It should match the rest close enough for now ? :confused:

thanks again,

Brad

The 2 closest matches I've found are SEM "trim black" or Plasti-Kote "Hot Rod Black"

I did a search before I bought my paint and SEM trim paint was one that came up and those people were happy with the results. You don't want gloss black or flat black, satin black is in between. If it is just labeled as black trim paint it is probably the right stuff. I bought mine at an automotive paint supply store not an auto parts store if it makes any difference.

so how do you guys prep the grill and bezels ? sand/scuff with scotch-bite pad and primer then paint with satin black trim , or ??:confused:

The plastic trim will not require primer. Just scuff lightly, wash with soap and water and wipe clean. 2-3 light coats later you should be good as new.