Vss Signal Question

278cikiller

Question on the Vss signal, When doing a swap from a 82 N/A Regal to a G/N power train, How does the ECM see the vss signal, I did keep the the dash from the 82 Regal, why i ask is that 3 and 4 gear can't see the signal and ECM dumps fuel and the car blows black smoke like crazy, Any help would be great thanks.

The VSS signal coming from the GN gauge cluster is used for torque converter lock-up (TCC).

The VSS signal coming from the GN gauge cluster is used for torque converter lock-up (TCC).

I have the dash that came with the car, How do i get the ECM to see the vss signal, I have two parts one is from summit and the other is from caspers and with the two of them hook up still nothing.

Hey Dan, can you post a couple of pics of these part you've got from Summit & Caspers? Maybe a little clearer description of them might help for someone to respond. Might be a good idea to contact John Spina at Caspers' Electronics .

Good Luck .

dave

Hey Dan, can you post a couple of pics of these part you've got from Summit & Caspers? Maybe a little clearer description of them might help for someone to respond. Might be a good idea to contact John Spina at Caspers' Electronics .

Good Luck .

dave

Dave all these B/S parts that i got from Summit and Caspers i don't even need , I talk to John and its all hook up the right way and it don't calibrate the MPH right , I found out that its a WOT fuel adjustment. $175.00 bucks down the drain.I wish when you talk to people they give you the right answer.