Voltage problem....???

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
I have just about reached my limit with this car....

I used a lot of everyone's help (thanks guys) during the diagnosis of my no start problem.
Well, now it seems I have zero volts at pin A6 at the ECM. This pin is IGN ECM FUSE.

BFH gave a link to it (thanks BFH ) and I was checking the voltage on all the pins to ensure they agreed with the chart. Well, pin A6 says zero when the key is "ON". I checked the fuse -it is good. The fuse tester light lights up when it contacts both sides of the fuse. I followed the wire along from at the ECM and under the glovebox it hits a 3 way connection. Then continues on to a plastic plug / harness then on to the ALDL pin under the driver's side.

Pin A6 is a tan with blk stripe wire while the three way connection wire is pink with a blk stripe. The Pink w/ blk stripe wire goes into the engine bay harness. Anyone have wiring diagrams or anything like that to help me ?

I am thinking of just hooking this up to a wire with 12 V power (fused of course) and then trying to start it. Betchya it'll run.

Heres the chart and my diagram:

www.buickfromhell.com/other/ecm.gif

Attachments

• ecmwires.jpg
    ecmwires.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 97
Sorry, but I have to say this. Is your ecm wire at the battery hooked up? :)

Do your accessories (windows, etc.) work with the key on?

AHH, the old orange battery-to-ECM wire!! Geez, why do we (me, anyway) think of the easy stuff last!

AND, if it IS hooked up, check for continuity before and after the fusible link, it may be bad!

I have power on the orange wire.....fuseable link is good.

I got power going TO my ECM - just none comming out of the wire I described in the above post.

I think it's my ECM - I think it's bad. What you all think ?

Got a ECM comming thanks to Nocooler.

Got my wires mixed up....it is pin A7 - the TCC CONTROL - ALCL wire. I am supposed to have 12 V on it and I got zero. Solenoid in trans bad ?

I checked A6 - I got power there.

You still haven't got that???

Dude it is on the way I sent it out the day I emailed ya. You'll need your calpak but the chip in it is good - ATR pitbull for stock injectors, it has loads of timing so watch the boost.

Jeremy