volt indicator light

decided to do the fuel rail tomorrow, then if something goes wrong I have all weekend to get it back together. So I did plugs instead.

hey another thing I just thought of, if you are show lean readings and the chip is adding fuel and ur still showing lean, check your exhaust and your intake adaptor for leaks if you have a leak before the sensor it will read lean no matter how much fuel the computer throws at it, and when the computer adds all that fuel it will run like crap, I pushed that o ring on the turbo adapter out and thats exactly what my car did, ran rough was showing lean o2's and the chip was adding all kinds of fuel.

i actually tinkered with the tuning last night by adjusting iac. i was reading almost 80...im down to 50 (at one point i had 47 she purred like a kitten then) i will fiddle with it tonight. i had to cut car off. i started smelling coolant. figured it was time to cut her off. she blew steam out the over flow bottle. lol. while i was doing that, my blms and int were all over the place (really high). about the volt light, scan master was reading 14.1 or so for voltage. i also noticed the post on the back of my alternator seems to wiggle a bit. is that normal? i'm thinking that may be the culprit for the volt light.

Before you buy a new alternator,check the wires in the back and maybe borrow a known good one any 80,70's alternator will work just to try it out.

i enjoyed reading it.. now for my stupid question.. how much of that information is relevant to the hot airs? i figure the corrosion info is great but is the back of dash cluster the same as an 86-87? thank you!

I refurbished my dash contacts using a different method (gentle use of a scotchbrite pad) I wish I ahd seen that write up.

Anyway - it was well worth the time and effort (even easier using John's directions above) it's nice to have everything working well with the dash, all lights, etc. I replaced almost all of the bulbs too, a lot brighter and nicer. Now I need to get the tach calibrated/working, and the odometer. It never ends. :D

following this thread with much interest...volt light just came on this morning with scanmaster showing 10.1-11.1 volts...had previously been running in the 12.4-13 range. MAL code 45 says I'm running rich, new PYPES exhaust coming in this week will hopefully correct my exhaust leak and malfunction code...this car is temperamental as all get-out.

i've decided to have my alternator rebuilt... the post is definitely loose and turning freely... plus rebuilding will be cheaper! lol!

so the culprit was an alternator malfunction. R2 the alternator, no more volt light! Thanks everyone for your help!!!