Volcano in the coil pac

oldtimer

Here's a curious situation :confused:

While I was setting the TPS on a friends "87 GN, a hole opened up in the coil pack and the inside goo started shooting out like molten lava.

Any ideas on what could cause this. I'm going to replace the coil pac and module for him but I'd like to correct the cause first, if there is one, other than just a fried coil pack.

Is there something that I sould be looking for to correct ? I've never seen this before.

George

George, That is an original design GN coil pack. Most likely the stocker. The ozing blue goo is very common. I have swapped out quite a few , including my own , all with the same issue.

This does not necessarily mean that is bad , but based on age alone I would swap it and the module.

George, That is an original design GN coil pack. Most likely the stocker. The ozing blue goo is very common. I have swapped out quite a few , including my own , all with the same issue.

This does not necessarily mean that is bad , but based on age alone I would swap it and the module.

Hey thanks Louie,

The Coil Pack just burst open and started shooting this gooy ( yellowy brown ) stuff. The stuff shot out with force ( about 2 to 3 inches ) It didn't just ooze out.

It's an original style coil pack for sure. I don't know nor does my friend know if it's the original, but it might be an aftermarket item from China ... dunno.

George

PS, How's the Dart project coming along ?:biggrin: