virus connected to turbobuick.com?

no issues here. but then again I have a Mac vs. crappy windows

Although a Macintosh computer is less susceptible to viruses because it is a human who's operating the computer you still can be a victim of Trojan horses, phishing, and other online fraud. dont be fooled ..some mac's dont have any virus protection at all ..

On Jan 1, I was reading a thread here on this site when infected with this virus. I'm back only to report paying $170.00 paid today to the computer store to remove the infections. Not real happy and I had the best ant-virus protection as well as Malware bytes. I plan to stay off the site for an extended period of time. I'm sure there are others.....

On Jan 1, I was reading a thread here on this site when infected with this virus. I'm back only to report paying $170.00 paid today to the computer store to remove the infections. Not real happy and I had the best ant-virus protection as well as Malware bytes. I plan to stay off the site for an extended period of time. I'm sure there are others.....

You might just want to stay off the internet then. Since the virus was injected through a Google ad, theyre everywhere.

Jay, are you ever going to put the banner ads that count back up? VENDORS ads haven't run in over a month.

My work computer got it while in Chrisss "Dating Question" Thread two weeks ago.

Took our IT dept 2 days to fix it.

I run Avast! on my home computer and have never had a problem on that computer.

If we know that it is caused by Google ads, why continue to run them???? Let's get with the program and offer paid memberships to eliminate them.

If we know that it is caused by Google ads, why continue to run them???? Let's get with the program and offer paid memberships to eliminate them.

Thats cool.. we can adjust the vendor fees to cover the operating costs. Should only be about $300 a month each. Put us right in line with Vertical Scope tho.

I said paid MEMBERSHIPS, many people have commented on other threads they would be willing to pay for memberships. And you didn't answer my question about the banner ads.

I said paid MEMBERSHIPS, many people have commented on other threads they would be willing to pay for memberships. And you didn't answer my question about the banner ads.

Shane isnt interested in paid memberships because he's afraid that once people start giving the site money, theyre going to think theyre entitled to something.

As far as the ads, as much bitching as everyone is doing about this board Im looking into other avenues to try to squelch some of that including switching to a completely different forum package. For the last couple of weeks I have been evaluating Xenforo and right now, Im ready to make the move, Im just waiting for Shane to take a look at it and see what he thinks. None of the stuff Im doing now is going to transfer over to that as its a completely different architecture. It is, tho, authored by the same people that made the vBulletin that everyone knows and loves. VB4, which is what we just switched to, was done by a completely different development team after vBulletin was bought out by Internet Brands.