Vintage GN video

GNVenom

Check this out. It's a rolling video, circa 1990, of a GN car show/swap meet/reunion that Kirban put together back when the cars were mostly stock.

Pay close attention to the folding chairs everyone had back then (the "umbrella" chair wasn't invented yet) and those knee-high white socks with the stripes...

YouTube - Buick Grand National Car Show, 1990

That's a lot of TRs! The number of participants then, compared to now, illustrates how dramatically this segment of specialty cars is waning. Our yearly TR show here in Florida on a beautiful sunny day drew only 42 cars.

Awsome viedo, love the 70 judges even saw a 74 goat which I am partial to. I can wait till Dennis has his open house this year

Fess up, that video was taken last week. I've seen a ton of Buick owners that still dress like that. :tongue:

Most of them were completely stock, a few with the KN, regulator and chip, stock exhaust everywhere.

No upgraded fuel pumps yet...the "BIG" add-ons were 36 lb. injectors and an adjustable wastegate. Hotwire kits were a season from being introduced.

Note the Kenne Bell air boxes on many of those cars, where today you see an open KN filter.

If you can recognize anyone in the videos, tell it...

There are some nice mullets drifting around. :)

Great video. That sure takes me back to my high school days when owning a TR was a dream. You've got to dig the pastels and neon people are wearing.

Anyone else notice how many cars were de-badged, or had the fender emblems with no hood badges?

Anyone else notice how many cars were de-badged, or had the fender emblems with no hood badges?

I took carefully took all my badges off with dental floss a few weeks after getting our car. It gave the car a sleeker look.

Wife beaters and pink stretch shorts?:eek::eek:

All those cars sure look nice. Wish they were all still here in that shape.:(

How time flies...if you were a newborn when that video was taken, today you'd be of legal drinking age everywhere...

Just sayin'

Is that the prototype Syclone? Buick V6 powered, before the 91 production...

Where is THAT today?

Thanks for the cool video and memories. Takes me back to high school days. Oh yea, Dennis your looking pretty young there and I don't see any grey hair.