Vigilante or ptc

Pte slic/te60/60's / ls1 & translator/tt 100 octane /rjc boost controler / rjc powerplate /irons ported & springs /lonnie diers stage 1 /ptc 3000/ stock rear with gnx suspention/ stock block ..27pd's of boost no alky on c12 & faster then 10:79 @ 125 .. Hope that helps .. If you really want to see come to bg & lets have some fun ..

What kind of cam you running? I have the same turbo, same injectors, same powerplate and boost controller, Dusty recommended a 2800 for my application (see my sig) now I am waiting to put it in.

Thanks to everyone who's posting there choices and opinions.Without all help from people on this site the learnig curve on my car would be slow and fustrating. For what its worth comp cam 206 roller kit

thanks to everyone who's posting there choices and opinions.without all help from people on this site the learnig curve on my car would be slow and fustrating. For what its worth comp cam 206 roller kit
run what you brung & have fun .. The faster my car gets the less fun it becomes to drive on the street . But its a whole lot of fun at the track.. Just cant be there every day ..

Pte slic/te60/60's / ls1 & translator/tt 100 octane /rjc boost controler / rjc powerplate /irons ported & springs /lonnie diers stage 1 /ptc 3000/ stock rear with gnx suspention/ stock block ..27pd's of boost no alky on c12 & faster then 10:79 @ 125 .. Hope that helps .. If you really want to see come to bg & lets have some fun ..

Paul,

That is pretty good, I really like your combination!

no wonder i am so slow. I still run the o pump and a flat tappet from ruggles......:biggrin:

Gonna have to try a ptc next.
its not slow ...its speed challenged. 10.2/10.5 wot afr .that helps a little also. But im crazy .

Wow that is great. But that would be fun. I am only running 25lbs right now. So that would be fun to turn the boost up to see what would happen.

One of the biggest steps up i took was when i ported the exhaust elbow and went to a bigger down pipe and a flow thru exhaust .. When you bolt on all the go fast parts you will still be slow if you let flow bottle neck at the exhaust ..a free flowing engine will spin harder with less problems ..from pressure

The O.P. doesn't have ported heads and a cam. :p

And wants a lockup.

I'd also recommend the N.Y. based Protorque 10.5" inch lockup it works great too.

Make sure your chip has the small converter decel fuel shutoff in it too when you switch it out.

I have one of those in the other STOCK LONGBLOCK car. ;)

Finding a decent quality lockup converter for a stock longblock car should be easy. :cool:

Look into durabiltiy features too, such as anti-balloon plates and quality construction.

Oh in that case ..why not pats ? ... Question was vig or pte .. Then more ?'s came ... Some just want to keep up with the jones.. Me i want to beat jones ..

PTC is what I have been using for myself and customers for about 9 years now based on my tranny guy's recommendations

I have had zero failures and found them to be well made.

When we decide on a combo the convertor I receive has been pretty spot on.

Restalls have not ever been a problem however I think I have only done a couple.

Yes they make them for the 4l60e, I have one in my buick RM and it works well.
If I ever get to add some boost to the car we will really see it in action, it is lockup and works as stock. I think I raised the lockup speed about 5 to 7 mph

Hope this helps

Pats would probably work for his combination as well.

Then again he only asked about PTC and Vigilante Lockups for a stock long block now didn't he. :p

pats would probably work for his combination as well.

Then again he only asked about ptc and vigilante lockups for a stock long block now didn't he. :p
yep sure did !! And it has been beat to death .. Im not saying one or the other .. Im saying i use what works the best .. Have been playing with these cars since 1986 .. And i have a vig & pats on my scrap pile of parts .. My car is faster with a ptc hands down .. Thats all i know .. What has worked for me ..