Video of me Killing a 2003 Cobra

vader87

Protected Freedom for 27 years! Thank a Veteran!
Here is me smoking a Mystic 2003 Cobra. A Momma's Boy and his buddy were at the the track with all of his little teenage girls hanging around. Nice car had all the stereo stuff and was really clean. Anyway my friend asked if he wanted to race me. He said no he wanted to run by himself. Anyway when he pulled up to the line, my buddy held up line and I jumped up next to him. As you can see from the video the track guy held me up a bit. As soon as I stage the lights start so I do not have time to spool up. He gets me off the line but the rest is history. This was filmed by my 13 year old daughter. You can hear he say " Go Daddy Go!" This is with my old setup, TE44, 009s, 2800 stall, stock intercooler, etc. Ran a 12.05 114mph. Later that night I ran a 11.8 @ 118. By the way he went straight for the exit after the race!

http://www.zippyvideos.com/6032680873292396/mvi_0121/

Good kills. Car looks great launching in the 11.8 video. As for the Mustang, exit stage left.. :biggrin:

Sweet Kill. There is a low 11s Cobra in my area I have been trying to smoke for awhile; cant seem to get him on the line :)

JoeGT,
You Stang looks exactly as my brother's did...he just totalled it! :(

Attachments

• IMG_1547.JPG
    IMG_1547.JPG
    704 KB · Views: 494
Not much it was only owned 6 months. He lowered it, Flowmasters and cold air intake. Was a very nice car! Best sounding car! He hydroplaned into a tree. He was uninjured, thank God! He is looking for an 03 Cobra or Mach 1. He ran a 14.8 in it which is pretty good for stock, don't you think?

vader87 said:
Not much it was only owned 6 months. He lowered it, Flowmasters and cold air intake. Was a very nice car! Best sounding car! He hydroplaned into a tree. He was uninjured, thank God! He is looking for an 03 Cobra or Mach 1. He ran a 14.8 in it which is pretty good for stock, don't you think?
Good thing he was ok...
14.8 is a bit slow but I guess it depends on what altitude you at, I ran a 14.2 @ 98 with my 02 auto when it was stock. I also had an 04GT that only ran a 14.4 @ 97. My 02 was strong for an auto tho. even when I added the blower and minor mods I put down 393rwhp on 10psi and a stock trans. That was all b4 I went with the built DSS block and 15psi and spray.

Tell him to get the Cobra, the Machs are nice but as soon as you start getting into power over 400rwhp the internals are week. The Cobras fully forged internals can hold over 800rwhp untouched. What kinda plans does he have for the future of the car? Does he plan to mod it alot? Just to give you an idea, my buddys Cobra dynoed 382rwhp stock he added an intake exhaust pully and dyno tune and was at 468rwhp. That was all for under 1.5k in mods, his best time on that set up was 11.9 @ 118 or 119 I 4got. Then he added an x pipe, T/B and dynoed 476rwhp and then for another 200 buck added a ported blower and dynoed 506 rwhp and runs low 11s on stock axles and IRS with just BF DRs. You can also tune that set up for some spray and make an easy 600rwhp. He wanted to spray it b4 I sold my GT cause I beat him twice after he ported it. The real only down fall to the Cobra is its weight but with the power it makes it can overcome some of the weight problem. You can always do a solid axle to save weight and get rid of the IRS.... If you want 450+rwhp outta a mach your going to spend a ton on the FI say its a blower and then on a built motor so the Cobra is the best way to go IMO.

yeah 03-04 terminators are pretty sweet. Just a few bolt ons gets you in the 12s...which is pretty freaking cool :eek:

illegalregal said:
yeah 03-04 terminators are pretty sweet. Just a few bolt ons gets you in the 12s...which is pretty freaking cool :eek:
Actually 12s should be stock and average driver should clock off a high 12 (12.8-12.9), someone who really can bang the gear can clock off a 12.5. I seen a stock vert run a 12.6 @ 112 bone stock I drove my buddys to a 12.8 @ 110 and Im not the greatest stick driver at all. A few bolt-ons can get you in the 11s. The main thing is not to get wheel hop with the IRS, a simple fix for that is a nitto drag tire or BF DR. Its pretty hard to get into the 10s after that unless you dunm weight and go with a solid axle.

illegalregal said:
yup ive seen some of those rear axles blow up...it doesnt look fun
There an event here called RSD and one of the Cobra on the video broke his diff. tring to launch real hard. They had a rear view of the sh!t when it happened :eek:

illegalregal said:

Yeah they are SWEET! I've been looking for quite awhile for one but ended up getting a GTO. In time it will be forced inducted with either a supercharger or turbo....most likely a (STS) turbo set up. :wink: