Video of 9.85 TA alum motor run!

Jack Evers

Congratulations Nick!!

Nick racked up a couple of 9.85 runs today at 135MPH. The car has got just a ton left in it but the tech police called it a day for the white car. Congratulations Nick.

just a footnote or two......apparently the P'stroke IC works

also, the one small change that was made today was from a BB70 turbo to an LT-70GTQ.......(he borrowed mine)

26 lbs of boost....1.35 60' times

any doubters out there now?

oh, it was 78* or better today so we were racing at our usual 3000' density altitude

(the video will be up later tonite)

Just curious, Whats Nicks car weigh?
That making some steam for sure.
1.35 60 ft is a fun ride:D

Video is up

New video is posted at Our website
That LT-70gtq is one hard pulling turbo (thankyou John Craig). Yea Otto those 1.3 sixty foot launches are fun. We made two 9.85 passes today, Nick had a much better launch, leaving at 15 psi, I had an ugly pass with the tires breaking loose at the end of the sixty foot mark, on and off the throttle and it still ran a 9.85. Lots more left in this combo.:D

Nicks car weighs 3550lbs.

Congrats on getting her in the 9's Nick! You have certainly proved without a doubt that the TA aluminum motor is a good performing, reliable peice both on the street and the strip:) :cool:

DAHMN! In just 24 hours, this post has racked up over 2,100 views. Says something about the interest in the TA Performance Buick V6 block!:)

Great Job Nick!!

That new rear suspension is really working for ya! The bigger turbo seems to be a good choice too. Now all you need is the safety equipment and you can really get you money's worth!!

Neal

Nick, What are you running for suspension? Great job with that little aluminum motor---now turn up the wick and see what she's made of. Congrats Brian

Suspension set up.........

Originally posted by Fuelie600
Nick, What are you running for suspension? Great job with that little aluminum motor---now turn up the wick and see what she's made of. Congrats Brian

My suspension build is :

HR Parts adjustable uppers with pinion angle set, tubular lowers, no front sway bar, KYB shocks up front with stock V-6 coil springs, rear springs are stock GN and 50/50 shocks, all urethane bushing in the rear, stock ones in the front. NO air bags w/HR bar.

Actually, will be turning the boost down to run consistant low 10's. and have fun:)

Re: Suspension set up.........

Originally posted by Nick Micale
My suspension build is :

HR Parts adjustable uppers with pinion angle set, tubular lowers, no front sway bar, KYB shocks up front with stock V-6 coil springs, rear springs are stock GN and 50/50 shocks, all urethane bushing in the rear, stock ones in the front. NO air bags w/HR bar.

Actually, will be turning the boost down to run consistant low 10's. and have fun:)

Nick...what do you have the pinion angle set at on those uppers?

And bravo on the motor...BIG accomplishment! One day...when the budget allows.

TIA,
TerK

uuhh....Nick turned the boost down today and only ran 9.82 at 139.7

(on a soft 1.49 60'.....)

it was a little cooler today...low 70's, so our DA was only 1800' or so

Originally posted by azgn
uuhh....Nick turned the boost down today and only ran 9.82 at 139.7

(on a soft 1.49 60'.....)

it was a little cooler today...low 70's, so our DA was only 1800' or so

:cool:

Hey, Nice going Nick. I am happy for you. I will finally be firing mine up with 2 - 3 weeks. Just finished the fuel sys. Jack Cotton is sending me a start up program for the Fast Sys. Finished the MId Plate last month. Coming near the end of this 3 year build project. With yours running is very encouraging. Nice -- Larry