Vid of ws6 and r6, not buick but still cool

gndoug

CSB Crew
This is a video of my brothers 02 ws6 racing my friends 04 r6. They had raced before when my brothers car only had headers and gears, and the r6 put freakin city blocks on him. It was ugly, but it was for fun.
Well we did some work on my brothers car, basically now it has
z06 heads, nice cam, slp long tubes, slp exhaust, slp intake, spohn torque arm, boxed lowers, slp subframes, spec stage 3+ clutch, and 100 wet shot. None of the suspension stuff matters because they were going from a roll, but it was interesting to see how much the motor woke up with the little bit of work we did. They didnt race on the bottle before because my bros clutch would give out. BTW my bros mt's wore out, so he had some crappy cheap tires on just to drive it, He's at a little of a disadvantage because he had no tration in second gear which goes up to around 75, so he had to start in 3rd, the R6 is starting in second, and RIGHT in the middle of his powerband. Notice how the pull stops towards the end of the video.

YouTube - Yamaha R6 and TransAm ws6 racing

Believe me, the bike still pulls, but nothing compared to what it did before. Just a cool vid I wanted to share!!!

I Would Have Thought The Ws6 Would Have Kept Up Better With A 600? Kool Vid.

Yeah, I dunno. Yamaha says those bikes will run a 10.6 stock, most other web sites and magazines that have done reviews with them say they are good for 10.8-10.9. Not too long ago my bro raced an older r1, one that was carb'd, and pulled on him...
I wonder what other peoples experiences with the newer r6's have been. The r6 had raced an 05 gsrx750, and pulled on it.