Vette VS GN....big debate

i Vote 8 cyl in that one, no spool sound and nothing that remotely sounds like all the other turbo buicks i ever heard anyway.

Originally posted by arista5
i Vote 8 cyl in that one, no spool sound and nothing that remotely sounds like all the other turbo buicks i ever heard anyway.
I agree.

I guess I should have watched the vid instead of just wanting to read the link. Fast car...

Well Well Well, looks like Chris Chow has confused another handful of people on the V8 V6 question. :rolleyes:

Scott

V8.......and doesn't even use a transbrake to go high 9's. Just because it's a GN body doesn't mean it's still a TR.

Somewhat similar debate happening on camaroz28.com. Now I'm just trying to prove that 9sec. and faster V6 TR's don't have "an almost gurgly ricey sound".

Definately a V8

I have not seen/heard many Turbo Buicks race in person but the videos I have seen, the V6 has a higher pitched sort of sound to it.

I say it's a V8. It sounds like it launched off idle. You can't hear the turbo spool up.

Fast car... but no turbo V6 :(

That is my local track (Moroso) and I have seen the car in the video run and I can tell you (sadly) it is powered by a Chevy V8..... That looks like a motor pass, but on the spray it has run deep in the 8's.... If my memory serves me correct that car used to be owned by a guy named Frank and it did have a twin turbo Stage II motor (done by a company called Turbo Tune).... He obviously sold the car rolling (chassis w/out the motor) and this guy decided to go with a BB or SB Chevy V8 with some juice.... There is another GN down here that I know of (and I know the owner personally) that is powered by a SBC..... Oh well some guys just like going fast the easy and/or simple way which in most cases means a SB or BB Chevy V8 with some juice! :(

That must be that rare V8 GN that GM made that everyone comes up to tell me about at the gas station :D