Vette keeps taking it to me

well now I am feeling pretty damn inspired so to ensure the GN name remains a feared one, at least to my friend, i am definately going to start working on some of those if not all those mods. Thanx for all your advice guys and I'll let you know when I finally let him have a long look at my tailights.:cool:

ugh, i hate hearing of a GN getting beat buy a stupid vette, bring that car to my house, we'll get it going!! Better yet, let me race him!!!! :D He wont get a chance to see my taillights...unless he has banaculars!! lol

i had a TA49 once.....ahhhhh what a turbo that was!! took a sec to hit 5 PSI, but after that, it would slam to 17 and bust the tires loose!! GREAT turbo, i like it better than the 44!!

I remember back in 1990 when I had my 1st stock GN it was the sheeit. Now that I have another one it's a DOG compared to my TTA with just 3 mods. I don't dare run anyone with the Buick, it's just for looks nowadays.

Thing is, everyone wants to run the Buick since it's legendary (and slow) but no one wants to touch the TTA since it carries no reputation and everyone thinks it's a TPI 305.

Buick just for looks??? hmmmm AND slow??? hmmmm well, NOONE wants to race mine, no matter how legendary they think it is, when they hear that TE-61 spool and the HKS blow off valve scream, they do not F@&# with me. The last TA i raced was a brand new WS6 that had some mods, including an NOS kit with 150 jets. He couldnt beat me on the highway. How sad is that?? Buicks slow??? I think not, I have a friend that spent $600 on his and ran 8.00 in 1/8. Not too darn shabby for a 3,600 lb sedan!! Yeah, the TTA has a better engine with it's skirtless pistons and better heads, plus the car is probably lighter. But to call a Buick slow, that's just not the thing to do.....

slow & just for looks................what the hell is the world coming to.....????????? ;) anyways I cant wait to feel the difference with the TA49 turbo compared to the stocker, TTA.......ya they are sweet cars.....i want one someday, but then again they are......just a GN in a TA wrapper........:p

Back to the first post, if you're losing off the start but running him down up top I suggest a set of Drag Radials. Sounds like the power is already there.

Yea, a totally stock GN (like mine) is pretty slow in today's world which was my point. A low 14 second car is gonna get trounced today.... We all know with just a few bucks they're screamers.

ahh, 14's stock??? let's see, all the stock numbers i have ever seen are 13.7's. I know my car ran 8.80 in 1/8 when it was bone stock, not sure what that is in 1/4. I dont see too many new cars turning those numbers in stock trim. I had a '99 Mustang GT with a k&n, underdrives, and a pair of hooker max flow muffs and it turned 8.70. If there are cars beating stock GNs, it isnt by a whole lot, unless it is a Viper, '03 Cobra, Z06, or something of that caliber. As for the TA49, you'll LOVE that turbo!!! The stock one is actually choking your car, I swear the car breathes better while just cruising with the TA49. You'll see!!

You can do a good tune up and basic free stuff to your GN and be smacking C4 Corvettes around all day. A 90 Corvette with the L98 shouldn't be much trouble for a stock GN anyway. Might just want to invest in some tires that hook up better. Sounds like you have the hp already to get the job done.

90 L98 vette a problem

When i bought my bone stock WE-4 TURBO-T eight months ago it was bone stock i put a adjustable wastegate on it,new fuel filter,spark plugs,wires,clean ic,new belt,and I raced my freinds 90 vette and i beat him the L98 Vette is nothing more than a light weight Iroc,make sure your car is in good running condition hell i didn't even have my upgraded pump back then oh yeah i removed the spare tire and jack,did the free mods removed ic screen,throttle body bypass plugs.I smoked that vette by at least 2 cars a good running stock gn should be very close if not smoke a 90 or 91 vette,92 and they come with LT-1.Oh yeah since your is stock get an uprgraded pump,and you must get an alky kit make one or buy one,it is the key to make your gn or tr regal a monster at the track as well as on the street.

My First street race was against a '93 vette back in 1993 when I first got my T-type. Car was bone stock, my first street race ever.I built boost, using the dig dash idiot lights, when the light turned green I let go and held on. I smoked him by several car lengths, for close to a 1/4 mile I won the battle but lost the war as I blew both head gaskets. My friend kept yelling " hes catching up". Lucky for me I was going fast enough to coast home w/o doing further damage

Try racing him from a roll. I bet your would win. I know i know we dont race like supra's but i think its a good idea. Since my car is peg leg i only race from a roll :D .