Very, very unhappy with SSBC's service! Would not recommend to anyone!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
At the end of 2015, I bought a SSBC master cylinder/booster assembly for my '71 Chevelle. Shortly after having installed it, the master cylinder became defective and caused one of the rear calipers to not fully release and eventually overheat.
rolleyes.gif
So I had to send the master cylinder back to them (at my own expense), waited three weeks, missed two car shows before they sent it back to me. To my surprise, when I got it back and opened the box, I saw that THEY SENT ME THE WRONG ONE!
mad.gif
I had to wait another week for them to send me mine back. THEN when I finally received it, we went to install it on the car and found that they forgot to include the "pin" which goes at the rear of the master cylinder bore (on which the rod coming out of the booster pushes)…Again another week of waiting to get it!…
mad.gif
mad.gif
I finally received the pin and was able to complete the installation.
Now, fast forward to last week…I noticed that there was oil dripping out of one of the rear calipers (the same caliper which had seized before) and after calling SSBC to get a rebuilding kit, they replied that there was no such kit and it had to be sent to them so they could refurbish it.
frown.gif
Knowing that I had a car show to attend two weeks later, I had my friend who works on my car send the caliper to SSBC by "express" (or "priority" not sure how it's called) service to save time and be sure they'd have enough time to fix it and return it back in time for the upcoming show. After calling them two days ago, they said that they indeed get it last week but haven't touched it yet…
mad.gif
and that they'd do it tomorrow…yeah sure!
rolleyes.gif
So today my friend called them and they said that it had been repaired and that they'd ship it today. Aaah!…good he tought BUT we asked them to sent it by UPS "next day" service but THEY CATEGORICALLY REFUSED to do so at any price saying that they don't do business with UPS, Purolator, FedEx, etc… They only deal with usps and unfortunately there wasn't likely any chance that I'd get it in time for this weekend!
angry.gif
angry.gif
!!!
So now, the show is this coming Saturday (June 3rd) and my car will have to stay home missing one of it's rear calipers, thanks to the sh**ty SSBC service….
angry.gif
If I knew what a bunch of amateurs the guys at SSBC were, I would've never bought anything from them and would have gone with Baer, CPP, Wilwood, etc…
yes.gif

Sorry for the long post, but I had to tell you guys this and make you think twice before doing business with SSBC.

Claude.
mad.gif

curious how you came to determine that the master cylinder caused one rear caliper to stay engaged .
a mastercyinder can not cause just one rear caliper to stay engaged . both id buy , maybe.. but just one ..no way you either had a bad caliper or a defect in the lines

and id have to say replacing the master when you overheated the caliper and not replacing the caliper was a mistake on your part

curious how you came to determine that the master cylinder caused one rear caliper to stay engaged .
a mastercyinder can not cause just one rear caliper to stay engaged . both id buy , maybe.. but just one ..no way you either had a bad caliper or a defect in the lines

and id have to say replacing the master when you overheated the caliper and not replacing the caliper was a mistake on your part
Paul, I explained it wrong…sorry. :rolleyes: The problem began with the master cylinder which was not releasing completely, which after a while had one of the rear calipers to develop a leak. Maybe it got too hot, I dunno... The other caliper is fine. I had the master cylinder refurbished and now it's the caliper…I should be fine once it's done. SSBC's products are good…it's their customer service that sucks! :poop:

Claude.

if one side had pressure the other side had same pressure and should have been in same condition

only way one side could apply and not the other is if it was a bound up park cable or a defective brake hose to that caliper

if one side had pressure the other side had same pressure and should have been in same condition

only way one side could apply and not the other is if it was a bound up park cable or a defective brake hose to that caliper
I know but hey…what can I say?…the other caliper is fine! :D

Claude

It's iron that ssbc doesnt sell a kit to rebuild the caliper, when appearantly they have all the parts in stock to do it themselves.

It's iron that ssbc doesnt sell a kit to rebuild the caliper, when appearantly they have all the parts in stock to do it themselves.
Yes, I know!! :rolleyes: Before sending them the caliper, we called them to ask if there was a kit for it. They asked which number I had and when my friend (who does the work on my cars) gave it to them, they said that unfortunately because that model has provisions for the parking brake, there was no kit available and that we had no choice but to send it to them so they could "rebuild" it for us… I can't help but wonder why does the fact of having a parking brake has to do with the availability (or the lack of it) of a rebuild kit?…go figure…:wacky:

Claude.