Very early 1-2 part throttle shift

borderline

I recently rebuilt a 200-4r for my 85 olds cutlass, and am looking for some help from the very knowledgable turbo Buick community. I got the big TCI rebuild kit that includes their shift kit. After a lengthy rebuild, and custom crossmember build, I finally got it into the car. I also bought a new 2200 rpm stall convertor while I was at it. So after setting the TV cable, by having an assistant push the gas pedal to the floor, I pushed in the d button and slid the cable sleeve all the way towards the firewall, which should give me full pressure at full throttle. The TV cable looks to be in he same position as it was before. Now after a very nerve wrecking get drive, I notice that the 1-2 shift at part throttle happens almost instantly. The 2nd gear servo is stock. If I hold it in first, then allow it to shift at approx. 2500 rpm it will got into second quite hard. The TCI kit instructions had me leave out some seals/parts from the servo. If I punch it from a dead stop, the tires squeal like crazy, and it makes the 1-2 shift like it should at WOT. Has anyone else had Problems like this with the TCI kit? Any advice would greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure you set the cable in the proper sequence. Push in the tab to unlock the cable, move the cable all the way toward the firewall, release the tab. Then floor the throttle to pull the cable back out to the proper position (not counting a notch or two in either direction for tweaking purposes). No assistant necessary.