Very active Sunday......well for me anyway

Mike T

My wife likes to exercise so I started walking with her and riding bikes when we can. We don't have the expensive bikes that you see traveling in packs on the side of the road (wearing more safety equipment than John Force) but we're having fun.

She has been doing this stuff for a long time but I only broke the old huffy out about 2 months ago. It's surprising how quick you can begin to get in shape.

Our day started yesterday at 7am on a paved bike trail where my wife and I rode for a total of 18 miles.

I promised my oldest son that I would take him dirt bike riding so after dropping off my wife along with the bicycles I picked up my son and the dirt bikes for an hour long ride to the Ocala nation forest.

It made me nervous but I let my 17 year old son ride my YZ 250F through the entire 15 mile trail without a hitch. On the other hand I crashed his little 125:rolleyes:.

When we got home I jumped on the old huffy for a 14.5 mile ride in just under 50 minutes. No records set but at almost 50 years old that was about all I could handle for one day!

Needless to say we all had fun but I feel it today:).

I think after less than half the first bike ride I'd have quit. Probably hit the pool and cracked a coldie or two. Round is a shape, right?

Kudos on your inshapedness, way more than I'm willing to commit to.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

I think after less than half the first bike ride I'd have quit. Probably hit the pool and cracked a coldie or two. Round is a shape, right?

Kudos on your inshapedness, way more than I'm willing to commit to.

I haven't felt the best for quite some time now so I thought giving up sodas and a little exercise may be a good place to start.
In my early 20s I worked out with weights at home but since then hard work has been my only form of exercise. I'm really surprised that I can keep up with the wife because I'm definitely not a health nut.

One thing that was neat to see on the path that morning was this couple that must have been in their late 70s, in church clothes, riding their 3 wheeled bikes together.

I rarely drink sodas. I do drink about 2 gallons of water everyday. I also eat two bananas everyday and take garlic and fish oil pills to help my blood pressure. I think it would really help if I gave up red meat and cold beer , but I'm not ready to just yet. Though I have cut back on each ans we grill a lot of chicken.

How much is a pack of smokes out there?

Just kidding. There's no way I could do 20 miles on a bike, unless 17 of them were downhill.

I'm forty something, used to be active with football, skiing, etc. Time catches up quick. I did manage to lose about 25+ pounds over the last 3 months, and I'm keeping it off while still being able to eat mostly enjoyable food (I'm just not the type that can eat salads and fish 7 days a week).