Van Halen tonight!!!

I heard their getting back together. I wonder if their stopping in Phoenix anytime soon. Would love to see them in concert.

I really wanted to go but I can't deal with the crowds anymore. I wonder how long they can stay together, my son thinks they will only last 6 shows. I think they need the money and will make all the shows if they sound good.

Jim

Camera phone video too if possible..........see if you can capture David Lee Roth breaking a hip.

Saw them in Balto about 15 years ago. They had Sammy, WAAAAAY better than KISS could ever be.:biggrin:

The show was awesome!!! It was classic Van Halen. I first saw them back in 84 on the 1984 tour (which I was only 12) but anyway they were just as good as I remember. I couldn't get any good vids, we had really bad seats. :( Their chemistry was own!!! It was as if they had been together for all this time. Eddie did about a 10 min solo, and it was amazing (classic Eddie Van Halen). And Alex did a really nice drum solo. FWIW, My friend that went with me had seen them in 2001 (The reunion tour with Sammy), and he said last nights show was a 100 times better. If you can get a chance to go I'd recommend it. If they do end up extending the show and come somewhere close, I'll go back (if I can get better tickets).

sat on the phone with ticketmaster for 1 hour trying to get tickets here in LA.. i got 2 tickets for their last show here out of 5 total. all of them are SOLD OUT.. i can't wait :)

classic VH. cant wait

I've seen them with Dave and with Sam. They both kick A$$. I know that there an 80s, big hair, feel good, rock band. But with all the cr@p in todays world, (gangs, the economy, road rage, war) we could really use something to feel good about. I can still remember a simpler time when differences could be settled over a cold beer, and not a warm gun. I don't know about the rest of the world, but I'm ready for a little dancing in the streets.

I just hope I don't break a hip...:biggrin:

My friend saw them two weeks ago at the Forum in Los Angeles. They had a private gig, which was informal. My friend said they played around 20-25 songs. Since it was a private concert, she said they got to meet and greet them and they were able to sit anywhere. She also mentioned Wolfgang looks really young. And of course... she said they "rocked!"

I heard a radio dj here in Charlotte talking about Charlotte being the 1st stop for the tour & that it the is some huge music convention that just happen to be in town on the same day, coincidence? probably not. they were saying may be they will be doing another album or something. who knows but it is pretty ironic.