Van Halen Together AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

saywin

Fletch
Van Halen Reuniting With Roth For Tour
January 24th, 2007

From: Billboard Music Charts - Latest Music News - Music Videos

January 24, 2007, 4:20 PM ET
Ray Waddell, Nashville

Sources tell Billboard.com a contract could be signed as soon as today for Live Nation to produce a 40-date amphitheatre tour by Van Halen this summer, with original frontman David Lee Roth back in the fold for the first time in more than 20 years.

As previously reported, guitarist Eddie Van Halen's 15-year-old son Wolfgang has stepped in for original bassist Michael Anthony in the new incarnation of the group, which also features drummer Alex Van Halen.

Van Halen last toured in 2004 with vocalist Sammy Hagar, grossing nearly $40 million, according to Billboard Boxscore. Hagar refused to collaborate further with Eddie and Alex Van Halen after the tour's completion ("I don't get along with Eddie anymore, and that's all there is to it," he told Billboard.com in August 2005), although he has consistently played live with Anthony in recent years. The warring factions may wind up meeting in public in March when Van Halen is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

"I see it absolutely as an inevitability," Roth told Billboard.com last May of a potential reunion with his ex-bandmates. "To me, it's not rocket surgery. It's very simple to put together. And as far as hurt feelings and water under the dam, like what's-her-name says to what's-her-name at the end of the movie 'Chicago' -- 'So what? It's showbiz!' So I definitely see it happening."

Hagar recently told Billboard.com he was concerned Eddie Van Halen was asking too much of his son to have him join the band and promptly perform in front of thousands of people every night.

"That's a lot of pressure for Wolfie. Just 'cause he's Eddie's son doesn't mean he can go out and play in arenas and perform and entertain an audience for two hours," he said. "I would love to see Eddie and Alex get behind Wolfie, with a kid of his age singing, and produce the record for him and help him launch a career. I'd rather see it go that way than come out and say 'Wolfie's the bass player in Van Halen and maybe singing, too.' Van Halen's got way too much history to have that put on him."

Oh Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Van Halen Reuniting With Roth For Tour
January 24th, 2007

From: Billboard Music Charts - Latest Music News - Music Videos

January 24, 2007, 4:20 PM ET
Ray Waddell, Nashville

Sources tell Billboard.com a contract could be signed as soon as today for Live Nation to produce a 40-date amphitheatre tour by Van Halen this summer, with original frontman David Lee Roth back in the fold for the first time in more than 20 years.

As previously reported, guitarist Eddie Van Halen's 15-year-old son Wolfgang has stepped in for original bassist Michael Anthony in the new incarnation of the group, which also features drummer Alex Van Halen.

Van Halen last toured in 2004 with vocalist Sammy Hagar, grossing nearly $40 million, according to Billboard Boxscore. Hagar refused to collaborate further with Eddie and Alex Van Halen after the tour's completion ("I don't get along with Eddie anymore, and that's all there is to it," he told Billboard.com in August 2005), although he has consistently played live with Anthony in recent years. The warring factions may wind up meeting in public in March when Van Halen is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

"I see it absolutely as an inevitability," Roth told Billboard.com last May of a potential reunion with his ex-bandmates. "To me, it's not rocket surgery. It's very simple to put together. And as far as hurt feelings and water under the dam, like what's-her-name says to what's-her-name at the end of the movie 'Chicago' -- 'So what? It's showbiz!' So I definitely see it happening."

Hagar recently told Billboard.com he was concerned Eddie Van Halen was asking too much of his son to have him join the band and promptly perform in front of thousands of people every night.

"That's a lot of pressure for Wolfie. Just 'cause he's Eddie's son doesn't mean he can go out and play in arenas and perform and entertain an audience for two hours," he said. "I would love to see Eddie and Alex get behind Wolfie, with a kid of his age singing, and produce the record for him and help him launch a career. I'd rather see it go that way than come out and say 'Wolfie's the bass player in Van Halen and maybe singing, too.' Van Halen's got way too much history to have that put on him."

Oh Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool.. what happened to Michael Anthony? Did he go with Hagar?

Last week we were in Cabo San Lucas. Found out where the CaboWabo bar was and visited, took some pics. Kinda cool.

We never did find out the true story of who owns the bar. We were told Eddie Van Halen and Sammy Hagar started it but then we were told it was all Hagar's idea and his ownership. Both their pics were all over the walls.

So who knows the truth? Who started it and who now owns it?

I heard about this a couple of months ago on xm radio but they left out the bass player thing. they also said black sabbath is getting back together with dio . but for some reason they changed the name to heaven and hell.

Wabo & Sabbath

Ok,
Cabo Wabo was started by Eddie and Sammy when they were still friends. Sammmy has since then bought him out. Sammy now owns a Wabo in Cabo and Lake Tahoe. I also heard about the Sabbath and Heavan and Hell thing, I guess they are going to tour as well as the POLICE! This ought to be one heck of a summer for the old Rock N Rollers!!!! Warm up your Buicks and lets go party!!!!!:cool:

I just wonder if this will ever come to pass.The last time they announced this,Dave started acting like a spaced out fruit,and you know what happens when you piss off Eddie....

I will go see them though....:cool:

Roth was the man...

Van Halen IMO was always better with Roth than without. Even when he went out on his own "Eat em and smile" was cool especially the "Yankee Rose" video....anyone remember that?---time to go to You tube now and try to find it later.

Unfortunately I'm old enough to have seen them when they had the "Running with the Devil" album out...an outdoor concert in Raleigh with like 10 bands there. Poco was one of the opening acts, as well as Black Oak Arkansas...anyone remeber them??!! Go Jim Dandy!:eek:

Well the first Van Halen concert for me was the 1984 tour.When they played the song"Unchained" that kicked ass!

And yes i remember black oak and poco...:)

Wasnt Roth doing police work some time last year? Didnt they also already try this a couple of years ago?

Well the first Van Halen concert for me was the 1984 tour.When they played the song"Unchained" that kicked ass!

And yes i remember black oak and poco...:)
That was my first concert too back in '84....and that is my favorite VH song!

Oh, well, Pat is right VAN HasbeenALEN.
Let see just how long DLR stays with them....I bet they will be compin at the bit towards the end of the tour to end it with him again....not even Sammy could tolerate DLR when they toured together a few years ago.

VH was best with DLR, and Sammy is best on his own...will go see Sammy on his own every time he comes to town...won;t be going to see washed up DLR and the VH boys. Last time they came to town a couple of years ago with Sammy the guitar playing was sloppy as hell...Eddie on crack it sounded like.

And this is my 3k posts!!!!!