Valvebody internals swap

85monte

Quick question for you guys. I have a damaged CZF valvebody. I also have a untouched CRF valvebody. Could I swap all the internals from the CZF to CRF valvebody and have it act like a CZF valvebody? Don't know if I should try to have it repaired or just swap the stuff over. I know that sounds like a crazy question but I am just wondering.

Brian

Quick question for you guys. I have a damaged CZF valvebody. I also have a untouched CRF valvebody. Could I swap all the internals from the CZF to CRF valvebody and have it act like a CZF valvebody? Don't know if I should try to have it repaired or just swap the stuff over. I know that sounds like a crazy question but I am just wondering.

Brian
Measure the 2-3 shift valve and verify they are the same diameter. It can be done if they are. Just be very clean and swap out one at a time.

So if the valves are the same and I do the swap do you think the valvebody will act like a CZF?

Brian

So if the valves are the same and I do the swap do you think the valvebody will act like a CZF?

Brian
They will act the same. I think the 2-3 on the BR is larger than others. Not sure about the CZ. You may need to add a 3rd pressure switch also. Unless you dont care if the ecm knows your in 3rd.

most of the shift valves are the same but the tv and down lands on the shift tv valves are not .this can cause some wacky shift timing issues.you probably have better results using the cr with its original governer with lite shaving on the secondary weight

Chris, so your saying leave the CR valvebody as is and take some weight off the governor? Is the shift quality close to that of a CZF? What if I swapped all the tv valves from the CZF to the CRF? Is the valvebody still going to have shifting issues? The damage that was done to the czf valve body is 4 holes drilled in the valvebody from a transgo 2&3 shift kit. All the stock valves have been reinstalled and the kit reversed except for the drilled holes. I have thought about pluging up the holes. Just trying to get my spare CZF trans put back together so all the parts are not all over the place.

Brian

the shift quality is based on the vbody kit in use the shift timing is based on valve and land diameter and spring combos.as far as the full swap ive never done it and the castings are different at the line bias and tv valve bores.and as bison stated no 3rd pressure port.