Valve Springs?

I've been searching the archives trying to get a handle on which springs I should get. There doesn't seem to be any real consensus on which springs to get. Some use CC979, others get the 980 and then there are the "100 lb" springs offered by some venders. So, which ones and from where?
I figure I should also get valve seals while I'm at it too. If that is the case, them which ones.

Before you ask, my car is basically stock and has never been opened.

Any feedback whould be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

CC 979s...or CC980s...depending if you want the anti-splash cup.

Summit or Jeg's.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(The archives are full of TONS of info and opinions on this topic)

HTH :)

For what it's worth....I just put on a set of CompCam 980's - no cups - last Saturday. The valve guide seals are tricky if you're using compressed air to hold up the valves. You have to push pretty hard on the valve stem to get the seals down. I was too chicken to put the new seals on....afraid I would drop a valve into the cylinder while pushing them on...plus the old ones "looked" pretty good.

If you opt to put on valve guide seals (intake only) just use some stock ones since the heads don't have to be machined like some of the fancier teflon seals. I got mine from Poston's, but the local GM dealer should have them.

Plus be sure to get some extra spit keepers in case you loose one when you're putting on the springs.

Good Luck,
John

<<You have to push pretty hard on the valve stem to get the <<seals down. I was too chicken to put........

Hmmm...as for the seals I thought that was the easiest part of the job...they pushed on pretty easy for me...I got them started with my fingers then used a deep socket to push it down until it was seated...if you're worried about a valve dropping just make sure sire the piston is at the very top of the stroke before you apply the compressed air...that way if a valve does drop it will only go about a 1/4"....