Valve springs

grandnati0nal

What would be a decent and inexpensive spring for a semi stock edelbrock cam? Could somebody give me a specific part number and price?

I used Comp Cams CC980s with my stock cam. Summit, Jegs, or several of the forum's venders should have them for around $40.

They are a direct replacement spring. I really don't know anything about the Edlebrock cam - sorry. :(

Most cam companies are more than happy to provide information, because the right combination means success to you and for them. So why not call Edelbrock and ask them what spring is recommended for their cam. You could then look to purchase their recommended spring or purchase a spring that is cloe to their recommendation.

I just wanted to see if anybody has run them in their personal car and how they liked them and any problems.

I know a lot of guys that use comp vs and are very happy with them. I'm a firm believer fo using a vs that matches the cam manufacturers requirements. I have a Poston 107T cam in my engine. It's gone through a set of worn rod bearings and cam bearings. I had to pry the cam from the block. But it speced out okay. so I reinstalled it. From a little research, it appears the cam is a lunati grind, but this is not the cam that is currently being produced for Poston by lunati. Both lunati and Poston recommends a closed pressure of 100psi and I researched the springs used with their cam. A close match was the SBC 1st racing design SHP spring, so I used GM spring listed in my sig. These days I hear that CompCam are the choice for quality and reliability. If I had to change cams, Comp would be my choice and their vs would accompany that cam, as the GM spring would be a little stiff for their cam. So this is the reason for the suggestion to call the cam manufacturer for a recommended spring spec.