Valve springs at 14k rpms

we4Mateo

Double you eee what?
Check out the valve spring rotation. Would like to see a Buick head under boost and rpm.

That's wild. Pretty cool to see them rotate like that.

1987 White Turbo T - TE60 w/ Alky
12.1@113 on street tires

Seen a similar video on fb a while back. Really shows the weak point in push rod motors.
How is it weak? A spring is going to compress with the same force no matter how you spin it...

12.1@113 on street tires

How is it weak? A spring is going to compress with the same force no matter how you spin it...

12.1@113 on street tires

Pushrod looks weaker to me due to it's geometry compared to what is in the video. I don't know of any push rod motor that turns 14,000 rpm.

Pushrod looks weaker to me due to it's geometry compared to what is in the video. I don't know of any push rod motor that turns 14,000 rpm.

One has a rod between the cam and valve, the other actuates the valves directly. Apples and oranges. Pushrods have their place, for one packaging is amazing and gm seems to be able to make power as does Chrysler and both are fairly reliable.

Is that 14krpm the camshaft revolutions or the actual motor/crankshaft rpm?

Watching it on my little phone screen

There's some that got close.

Menard buick V6 in mid 90s went to 10,000. Turbo v6, just under 1000hp

Toss one of those in your g-body....

12.1@113 on street tires