Valve covers & gaskets

BOOSTMANDO

Hey guys, Need to know what type of gaskets are used with champion heads and GN1 valve covers? ( if cork or rubber ones) Which ones leak the least? And also, can you use the valve covers which are tall, that say BUICK V6 on them. I'm curious if they would hit the rockers. I presented them on and it seems like they would work, but need to be 100% sure. I had these on my stock heads? (note: not the stock valve covers) I 've been having a lot of oil leaking problems on both sides, only on the back lower corners. Today I took them off again and had someone else look at them, and pointed out that they were not flat and were very porous...(the GN 1 covers) Maybe they need to be machined flat???:confused: Or just go with the other Buick one I have...Any help appreciated....Thanks

I am using the rubber gaskets with Cotton's valve covers and no leaks. I used Gasketcinch on both the valve cover and the gasket and applied it three times to both surfaces (it is important that both sides be free of oil) and assembled with the gasket adheared to the cover (the Gasketcinch is more like contact glue). As far as the clearence of the rockers to the cover, I had to do some grinding on the to Scorpion rockers on either side (push rod end) of the hold down bolt on the top of the valve cover. I had to round off the edge of the rocker to prevent it from hitting the bolt support.
Good Luck,
Jeff