valve covers for roller rockers....hot air???

turbonut85

Rarely used member
So, I have some nice roller rockers currently on my hot air car...running the Champion valve covers right now. Problem I have: breather locations on the vc's, (since they were obviously designed for the IC cars)...driver side is directly under the intake tube, and pass side is under the up/down pipes, making breather choices VERY slim. Also, it keeps the breathers down on the vc's creating soaked breathers/pcv/crankcase pressure issues....so my question is this: What vc's are you guys running with roller rockers on your hot airs?? Or, even better, how are you adapting the breather setup to work with the Champion covers on a hot air setup?? Any input is appreciated!!

---Keith

I had the a simular issue when I looked for covers as well. I got lucky and found a set of old KB covers and the fill holes are more towards the ends of the covers so I don't have the problem now.;)

So, I have some nice roller rockers currently on my hot air car...running the Champion valve covers right now. Problem I have: breather locations on the vc's, (since they were obviously designed for the IC cars)...driver side is directly under the intake tube, and pass side is under the up/down pipes, making breather choices VERY slim. Also, it keeps the breathers down on the vc's creating soaked breathers/pcv/crankcase pressure issues....so my question is this: What vc's are you guys running with roller rockers on your hot airs?? Or, even better, how are you adapting the breather setup to work with the Champion covers on a hot air setup?? Any input is appreciated!!

---Keith

Keith- I am running stock valve covers and had the same problem. My first attempt was vent the PCV through a breather and disconnect the vacuum. This did not work completly. The breather would still blow off the billet vent tube under the intake pipe. I then replaced the crankcase vent breather with a KN 62-1480. This attaches to the outside of the billet crank case vent tube which allows for up and down adjustment. This breather has no baffles either. Now after getting into the turbo the gasses vent easily and you can see it coming out from under the car. I can send a PIC if you want. You may have to cut down a billet vent tube. I do not have a vc breather on the passenger side and the pcv is still disconnected. Brad

I'm trying to avoid spacers and I would like to keep the look of some aftermarket valve covers....

ta1332 is what im runningn very small filters but they still work. i had a bigger filter on the passenger side till i changed things around also i run no pcv and havent had any issues

The passenger side wasn't the Metco breather, just the small breather that you'd normally have on a IC passenger side.
However that driver's side is the Metco like I remembered

Attachments

• IMG_0298.JPG
    IMG_0298.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 50
The driver side would be best served if the breather was located toward the front of the valve cover....that location puts it directly under the intake tube....

True, the only way I can see to do that would be weld the existing hole and create another one