Valve Cover Removal...HELP

Stuie

Waiting for Spring!
OK, just finished installing HR's poly MM's. It went alot somther than expected!
Now I'm trying to remove original valve covers to install my new TA Performance ones,...got all the bolts out but space seems to be at a premium to get the covers off??? What else needs to be removed or just moved???
The TA onesa look like they will be even tighter to install!!! :eek:

The only side that is difficult is the passenger side. I have to remove the wiring harness that runs along the heater box to get more access. Usually it keeps me from getting it back on all the way and getting to the rear bolt. I just undo the bracket that holds the harness and move it up and out of the way.

Yep I just did a gasket replacement and found it necessary to remove the wire harness on the passenger side just as mentioned in the previous post. Then it is just a matter of articulating the cover so it comes out, it still doesnt just slip out though. But, it does come.

The only way those covers are going on is if you remove the metal shroud thingy.

It has to come off and stay off. Did mine a couple months back.

If anybody can get that cover in there without doing that, I'd like to see it. :)

Yep take cover off lookout for screw under downpipe had to loosen pipe
at elbow to get at it.

Yep, like what was said, I just installed a pair of those new aluminum Buick valve covers with the 6 emblem on them and I had to move the wire harness out of the way on the passenger side for enough room to drop in the valve cover, it took a little twisting and turning but it will fit right in place.

OK after I removed the metal shroud I finally managed to get it on....and then realized I couldn't install the new header past the valve cover..........off the valve cover came installed header and reinstalled cover.
I am learning alot...thanks guys!! :)