Valve Body Experts - advice needed

tomard

80 Vette with a 4BQ
So here I am ready to dive into a 2nd rebuild, that I will use as a backup ....

I have TWO non BRF/BQ valve bodies and was wondering if it will make any difference which one I use .... one came out of a KTF (89 caddy) and the other I forget what the code was, it was a mid-80's caddy also ....

I have decided to use the superior shift kit in this one (just to get "hands wet") instead of the Transgo kit, and servo from my 4BQ to see how it will feel vs my BQ valve body (BR3) setup with Super Servo.

What do you guru's think (I have all the hard parts, kits etc) so saying I need to go get something else is not an option ..... even though I would REALLY love to get my hands on a BRF, just to get a real hands on feel :smile:

If the mid 80s Caddy is an AA use it.
I am not familiar with the KTF but it may be the same or similar to the AA.

The AA VBs work well.
I get cores from a major supplier who is local, so I go cherry pick the cores, and let Art Carr buy what I leave. ;)

needless to say I get the BRs BQs, CZs, etc and leave the OGs.

Tha AA vb will work well with a governor modified to be between the GN gov and the "medium" size weights.

VB code

I will go dig out the boxes with vb's and get codes off them this evening, to check if either is AA (is that the code stamped ON the vb?)

The reason I ask is that my 4BQ vb had BR3 stamped on it :confused:

Also, if neither is AA, then just pick one and go ?

One says KC4, the other is unreadable first character, 2nd character looks like a G but is faded and third is a 5, ?G5 ?

Any other way to ID it?