Value of 87 Limited

MY6ISQWK

I found an 87 Limited with 35K miles, one owner car. It is in mint condition and everything is original. It's white with plush burgundy velour interior.

What's your opinion for the value of this car?

Thx.

Probably $20k+ , might even bring close to $30k to the right buyer. They ain't makin any more.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I would say more like high teen's depending on overall shape. I still don't see T's bringing the money that '87 GN's pull. You could get a clean 35k mile unmolested '87 GN no problem for low $20k range if you are patient.

If car is truly super mint/original (not everyone has the same definition of mint) car......$22-$25k on the high side but closer to $20 is a bit more reasonable.

Brings up one issue I never understood is why some think that
GNs command a huge premium over Ts. I get it that because of the popularity thing GNs will always have slight value edge. But I feel it shouldn't be a huge difference...
EXAMPLE....all things created equal.
A mint 5k mile GN that may be worth say....$35k (on the high side). The same Turbo-T or Limited should be relatively close in value. Again some may think that same T is worth 23k or 25k. No way should GNs command that kind of premium. This coming from someone who has owned several of both thru the years. Just my opinion

If car is truly super mint/original (not everyone has the same definition of mint) car......$22-$25k on the high side but closer to $20 is a bit more reasonable.

Brings up one issue I never understood is why some think that
GNs command a huge premium over Ts. I get it that because of the popularity thing GNs will always have slight value edge. But I feel it shouldn't be a huge difference...
EXAMPLE....all things created equal.
A mint 5k mile GN that may be worth say....$35k (on the high side). The same Turbo-T or Limited should be relatively close in value. Again some may think that same T is worth 23k or 25k. No way should GNs command that kind of premium. This coming from someone who has owned several of both thru the years. Just my opinion

I think it all comes down to nostalgia. Most of us who bought our cars because of the performance potential would rather have a T, but the new wave of buyers who want to buy their highschool dream car want one thing......Grand National. That is where the price difference comes from. Nothing more.

True......also I think buyer knowledge plays a role too. There is the true TR Enthusiast & the casual/general car guy who's gotta have a "GN". It's probably the enthusiast guy that is willing to pay top dollar for a exceptional T....as with a comparable GN.
In the Members ride section there is a 400 mile Limited that was recently purchased. Interesting to know what guys thought that T was worth.

Thanks for all the feedback. I bought the white Limited T today and I couldn't be happier. The car is 100% stock and in mint condition.

Congrats! Please post up pics. If I were to do it all over again I would get a white T hard top with manual everything.

Yes, nice score!

Pix man, we NEED pix!

Sorry for the delay. I attached a couple of pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0945.JPG
    IMG_0945.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0948.JPG
    IMG_0948.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 121