vacuum source for BOV's?

Romulus

I have my Tial BOV hooked up to a vacuum port on the passenger side of the intake.. I can hear it open, but not NEAR as dramatically as the same BOV sounds on my friends eclipse (I hear it go pssshh, but still hear alot of surge).. do I have it hooked up wrong? It's welded on the intake pipe about 12" before the throttle body, and like I said the vacuum line is going to an extra vacuum port on the passenger side of the plenum.

Any ideas?:confused:

normally tap into the line going to the feul/vapor canistor.

Different companies BOV sound drastically different..... the loudest by far is the Blitz SSBOV.

If yours is the same exact ones as your buds on the Eclipse maybe yours is adjusted wrong.

I'd buy one of the aluminum vacuum blocks with the port for the TTA vacuum brakes. When we first put the BOV on my buddies Typhoon it only would blow off at really high boost let offs. Then we T-ed into the vacuum line going to the brake booster and it works GREAT! I think it might have had to do with the volume of vacuum not just the inches of pressure.

Adam

Originally posted by HYBRIDT
I'd buy one of the aluminum vacuum blocks with the port for the TTA vacuum brakes. When we first put the BOV on my buddies Typhoon it only would blow off at really high boost let offs. Then we T-ed into the vacuum line going to the brake booster and it works GREAT! I think it might have had to do with the volume of vacuum not just the inches of pressure.

Adam

Yea.. I agree it has to do with volume and not just inches of vacuum. This is the largest vacuum source i've tried so far and it barely works.. so perhaps I could pull vacuum off two sources? hmm...

I still have the powermaster brakes, so that's not an option at this point:(

thanks for the input.. i'll see what i can do if this rain will ever clear up:mad:

Hey Romulus I think what HYBRIDT was saying was he thinks yoou should buy a TTA vac. block and use the power brake port exclusively for the BO valve...Not suggesting you converter to Vac. brakes.

This would probably be a good option, but before you go off buying parts you should check to make sure it's adjusted correctly...Sounds like it has to much spring pressure to me.