Vacuum Brake Question???

SHEPP2

Hi, I have a 87 GN and im in process of converting over to vacuum brakes due to heart beat in my pedal..lol My question are do it has to be a 1986-87 monte carlo pedal hoping to find one today at the junk yard Im asking b/c I have a 1985 regal part car and thought I could use that vacuum pedal. Second question I read tomttype install and the booster he used but I also came across 90 chevy caprice booster which have been used as well on our cars. Which would you suggest?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I did this years ago and simply went to Advance auto and bought a new 1987 Monte Carlo SS vacuum brake set up for something like $130.00 and then went to a junk yard and bought a brake peddle for the same year Monte Carlo (don't have to be a SS) this way I knew they would both mate up correctly... I wouldn't advise mismatching boosters and peddles because there is a chance they won't match up.

Thanks Scot I really do appreciate the advice!! I've been watching your car for a while taking notes.

I did this years ago and simply went to Advance auto and bought a new 1987 Monte Carlo SS vacuum brake set up for something like $130.00 and then went to a junk yard and bought a brake peddle for the same year Monte Carlo (don't have to be a SS) this way I knew they would both mate up correctly... I wouldn't advise mismatching boosters and peddles because there is a chance they won't match up.
X2, the only difference is I paid about 20$ more a couple months ago.