vacuum block rubber connectors

ll3lue

attachment.php

where can i get these connectors? the one to my MAP sensor is cracked and causing a bad vac leak..when i put my finger by it, it whistles...

what things will this cause besides the bad idle??

will it cause a loss of power?

could it explain why the gauge is only reading 12psi?

will it explain my 00IAC's at warm idle?

Attachments

• vacconnector.jpg
    vacconnector.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 194
One of the first things I did when I got my car was to go around and check every rubber vacuum line. Most of the short pieces were dry and cracked. I replaced all that were bad. Very important if you want to eleminate silly issues.

It makes it a lot easier to change those hoses if you pull the vacuum block off the manifold. You'll probably want to change the gasket under the block when you do.

If you do change the hoses on the vacuum block, CAREFULLY slit them with a razor blade to get them off. Take them to autoparts store and get replacement hose.

ll3lue said:
attachment.php

....Snip....Will it explain my 00 IAC reading at warm idle?

With a significant vacuum leak there, you will not have normal BLMs, and, according to the shop manual, it could force the IAC valve to close at idle. :)

Check the black plastic vacuum block for cracks. If its cracked, replace it. Johns performance carries the vacuum blocks and gaskets.

chrisgarrett said:
Those are just pieces of rubber hose. Get them at the autoparts store and splice them in.

Try to get real vacuum hose rather than what they call vacuum/fuel hose. Sometimes the fuel type hose ( which has a larger od ) is too thick to easily fit on the vacuum block.

Swt_86 said:
It makes it a lot easier to change those hoses if you pull the vacuum block off the manifold. You'll probably want to change the gasket under the block when you do.

would they have the vac block gasket at any autoparts store?

Call them and see. Maybe they do. If they don't, many of the Buick vendors like Kirban or John's sell them.