Vaccum Brake Help...

Orion231

Ok we replaced the Master Cyclinder and bled the entire system, the car has new front rotors, new high carbon friction pads, and new calipers...and the rear brakes are stock, cyclinders and all, except pads which are a year old. Now someone mentioned a recall on the combination/proportioning vave? Do I need to do this... What can I do next to hold boost? Because right now, It equalizes and blows the tires away... :mad:

you can try replacing the rubber section of hose going to the rearend cause if its swollen up inside you cant tell but it will restrict fluid to the rear brakes and also cause them to release slow putting a drag on the car as you take off.

Some folks will tell you to fix your brake system because it should work fine (proper shoes, arc of shoes matching inside diameter of drum, and a properly bled system). Red's idea of the replacing the rear line is a good one, but only if you need it; I'd look visually and see if it looks deteriorated. He's right; a collapsed/weak rubber line will hinder release of the brakes, or worse it will pop unexpectedly. Summit or Jeg's sell stainless kits (Russell) for all 3 flexible lines front and rear for about $75; I'd like to do this over the winter as a Xmas gift to me, for "ensurance" (pun).

However, I am in the midst of figuring out a jumper valve, with the help of another TR owner, to link both halves of the master cylinder with one another momentarily that has also been marketed by other vendors. I'd probably have an easier time trying to buy plutonium, since they want so much information before selling me the part. When I finally get through the red tape, let me know if you're interested, since I might be able to get a mini "group purchase". It's pretty cheap considering the hassle and has been proven to be effective.

SS Lines

I have been told to get these as they work well, I figure I will porlly end up buying those and redoing the back brakes also, maybe in the end I will get it fixed, what about that combo and prop valve recall? Can I get this service done free at a dealership?