Vacation pics from New Zealand...(56k warning)

DaveLC2

I wanted to pop in and post some pics of our vacation from last month. My wife is from New Zealand as some of you from the Bay Area already know and all of her family is from there or Australia. We spent 3 weeks exploring all of the beauty down there. We drove 2,953 kilimeters in 3 weeks and one of the weeks we stayed in one place. The people down there (Kiwi's) are very kind and friendly. They also seem to really be into motorsports. There are a ton of turbo cars too. The octane at the gas stations seem to start at 91 and go to 98 at the pump. A liter of 91 will set you back $1.51-$1.57 and there's 3.8 Litres in a gallon :eek: Our little rental was a Ford Focus with a 1.3L and a 5spd manual. I was bummed that we didn't get a Lancer until I saw the gas prices. The car worked out well and got amazing fuel economy and was supprisingly peppy. Enough of all of that. Here are some of the approx 4,800 pics taken last month. I hope this isn't overkill for you all. If any of you ever get the chance to go jump on it. Enjoy!

2e67two.jpg

2uiitxu.jpg

4h8ry84.jpg

43hpydw.jpg

2qvthjk.jpg

539lsgo.jpg

6fouu60.jpg

6coqhc4.jpg

4mufifb.jpg

2ebbsbr.jpg

6bmrton.jpg

I had always heard that 747's were dirty but wow :eek: We rode in something else on the way down.

5zglnjl.jpg

53rb4n8.jpg

506of9s.jpg

4vd5ma8.jpg

5yr9wya.jpg

6akqr8l.jpg

6bcuzcw.jpg

Thats' friggin awsome.

That GT3 needs some brakes:biggrin:

I hope you didn't order a Fosters while down under.

Jeez, Dave! 4800!!

My carpal tunnel would prevent me from going through that many!!! :)

No Fosters :biggrin: I drank lots of soda though. Not good for the waist line. I still haven't reviewed all of the images as of yet. What's going to be more time consuming than going through 4,800 pics is going through 70 gigs of home video :eek: Rachel filmed me goofing up on a two lane round about. Damn those things can be confusing.

Looks nice there. How do the residents afford to get gas? I'ld be riding a bicycle if I lived there.

Very nice pics. Your camera takes incredible pictures.
Thanks for sharing, makes me want to go for a visit.

Patrick

Makes me want to go all the more....my cousin married a Kiwi, and he's living in Wellington (and I have an open invite :D )

If it's anything Like Australia, the hardest part will be getting back on the plane to come home.......

Very Nice pics!!! Great Eye! Beautiful country and nice looking family!

If I ever get to go on a vacation out of the states... It has always been my desire to visit New Zealand. I even looked into it for our 10th wedding anniversay this summer, but just the plane tickets alone... :eek:

The pics look great! You have a killer camera.

K.