vac source for boost gauge

dpok69

Dpok69@aol.com
Where are you guys tapping in for a boost guage install? Right now its teed on the vac line for the fule pressure regulator. But i do not think thats such a good idea.

Follow the line that comes from your MAP sensor to the back of the motor and it T's to a line coming from the top vac block. You can T it in there.
Tarey D.

Originally posted by GN ERGY
Follow the line that comes from your MAP sensor to the back of the motor and it T's to a line coming from the top vac block. You can T it in there.
Tarey D.

I agree with Tarey. I've used this method on all trhee of my TR's with no problems. Get it off the FP regulator though. I've never seen that before, and it does not sound like a good choice to mess with that crucial line.

i bought a vacuum boost gauge from summitracing and it needs a tee for it and they didnt send one does anyone know were i can get one

Any Auto Parts store in America.
Go to the Help aisle. The most commonly stocked T fittings are sold under the HELP name (Motormite), or actually under the Vacu-tite name. They make assortments of any size you could ever need, and they're only a couple bucks. Once you determine the size you need, you can apply a little bit of silicone around each end, to ensure it seals properly. They also make some rubber versions, that seal even better w/o having to use the silicone.
It's easy stuff.