vac question

pwhite

What is a normal amount of vac at idle Mine pulls about 13 to 14 at idle. I have a 206-206 from precision. is this a problem if so what could be the cause. my blms are good so I quess no vac leak. i dont think the 206 is enough cam to effect vac or is it?

thanks

With that cam should be about 15-16, so your not that far off. Id check all you vac lines again to be sure.

just swaped to vac brakes and my peddle is rock hard does any body know how much vac it takes to get proper assistance.

thanks

There's a possibility that: a) The check valve isn't working, or b) the diaphragm in the booster is shot.

Get a vac gun and check both. When I first put vacs on my old car, the first vac booster I got had a bad diaphragm.

yes , i replaced the check. and tried getting vac straight from the vac block. with out the master cyclendar bolted up they compress fine but I guess thats to be expected. there getting 14 " of vac @ idle . does any one know of another way to check the booster . is there any thing other than the booster that can cause a rock hard peddle. sorry posted in the wrong spot but it started out as a motor Question

thanks

Vac can

I know this wont help you with your problem but i just changed to a more radical cam and also have vacuum brakes. When i switched to the vac system, i used Red Regal T's, and the brakes worked fine, when i switched to the bigger cam, I had NO brakes!! I hooked up a Vacuum Canister from summit to help with the brakes. iI got the black steel can for around 40 bucks and it was very easy to install.:D