vac brake problem

pwhite

I am swaping to vac brakes and after doing so I have a really hard peddle , like no vac assist. can this be anything other than the booster.
thanks

Could be no vacuum. Check the hose, make sure the check valve is allowing flow in the right direction.

no problems there if you pull the check with the motor running there seems to be plenty of vac. the peddle is just rock hard and when pressed they will not grab much

Does your motor idle correctly?

I went through 3 different vacuum boosters & each one developed a vacuum leak. When they leak vacuum, the motor idles too high & due to the varying leakage, the idle changes often after each application of the brakes.

I went back to the PM - lifetime warranty $199. I know the price did go down later & I know a local TR owner paid $130.

If the peddle is rock hard and Im getting vac to the booster is there anything it can be other than the booster

thanks for the help

I'm assuming you are using the correct brake pedal?? You are supposed to swap that out too when converting.

roger

autozone shows the a1cardonePM at 347 +60 core
where did you find a new PM for 199?

I installed a longer brake peddle. does anyone know how much vac is enough to assist brakeing. I put a guage on at the booster check and I get about 12 to 14 pounds of vac @ idle. is this enough. ive heard 6 to 10 is enough.

thanks

anybody know how many hg of vac needed to opperate vac brakes I have 12 to 14 is this enough?

thanks

what would be the cause of this. my scan master #s dont indicate a vac leak. my cam is a 206-206 from precision turbo I wouldnt think Its too big for vac brakes. what else can I do to get more vac. my 2002 siliverado pulls 19 to 20 at idle. I think I will get 5 ft of 1/2 vac hose and try my gn brakes hooked up to the truck. just to eliminate therre being a problem other than low vac.

thanks