V6 Engine Cradle?

MichBC3

I had this thread in Buick engine tech, but solid answers were not forthcoming.

I want to store a turbo 3.8 engine in the corner of the garage and would like to buy a suitable engine cradle/frame with wheels. All I see at places like Summit Racing and Jegs are cradles made for V8 engines (like Chevy and Ford).

I am unfamiliar with the engine mount locations on the 3.8L turbo V6. Are they in the same location as on a small block Chevy?

I would assume this to be so, since '89 Trans Ams also came with small block Chevys. What say you?

Mike Phillips with Automotive Machine and Performance has a nice little cradle for the Buick V6 which happens to be the same as the Buick 350 V8. It does not have wheels, but they can easily be added:

Automotive Machine & Performance
6235 State Route 54
Philpot Kentucky 42366
Phone 1-270-729-5556
AMP Website

I paid around $56 for mine a few years back.

Only image I found was a picture of an engine mounted on one of his cradles

complete1-250x187.jpg

What you do not see is the rectangular tubing bend up from the floor at the back of the engine and bolt to the lower rear bell-housing bolts

Hope this helps

V6 3.8 Engine Cradle

I was notified by dr_frankenstein that T/A Performance sells a cradle for the 3.8 for $80. Though it's a little expensive, that's where I'm going.

Also, I measured up the engine mounting points on a small block Chevy and the Buick V6 and there seems to be no compatibility.

Thanks to all those that sent in advice on this topic!

Best, Bob