V-8 oil filter

RICER X

Has anybody used the larger capacity early 90's 5.7 liter oil filter on their buick. I measured up a bosch d3430 and it matched up perfect. Or is this something that should be avoided.

Does that filter have an anti drainback valve?
If not,you might lose oil pump prime when you shut it off.

the PF52 or equivalent will work

only real apllication difference i see between AC delco pf52 and the bosch is the micron
pf52 is rated at 30mic, the bosch rated to filer 40mic,
the bosch construction seems better than the delco junk

Last edited:
If you're not running a biggie adapter, make sure the filter you're looking at has 18mm threads, not SAE. And like it was mentioned earlier, it has to have an antidrainback valve and the rubber seal needs to be the same diameter.

It does have a drain back valve and as far as the threads and gasket it's exactly the same. If it gets out of the teens today I will run up and test fit it. I froze my butt off last night. I'm so over winter!

If not running the "biggie" adapter I would use a WIX 51036 not worry about fitment or filter quality. There have been reports of many filters from other manufacturers having issues with either their drain back or the filter just collapsing on itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might want to pull the Delco right back off. They're outsourced now and almost as bad as frams.

If you have start up rattle, just get a quality filter and it should go away.

Ok, installed the filter and it worked flawlessly. And about the Wix filter, they are in my opinion an awesome filter. But for some reason they quit carrying them in my area. So after checking out my options that's why I went with the bosch. I've ran these on my SBC's with high volume oil pumps, and yes sometimes at RPM's that were slightly high:whistle: and never crushed or blew one out. Anyway if anybody knows of any problems with using this larger filter please let me know. I've heard that when pertaining to an oil filter, bigger is not always better. Oh hey Earl I want one of those super rare V-8 GNX twin turbos too!:)

If you're not running a biggie kit (and you should be) there's a trick to finding the right filter... Tell the 'parts' kid you have a '94 S-10 4.3 VIN 'W'. That way their computer can tell them it exists.

If you're not running a biggie kit (and you should be) there's a trick to finding the right filter... Tell the 'parts' kid you have a '94 S-10 4.3 VIN 'W'. That way their computer can tell them it exists.
Thanks Earl.
On a different note, do you know what Dave's wanting for his translator. And when I order it and the MAF do I order both from him or just the translator? You can just send it to me in our side conversation if you think it best.

I'm not sure exactly what he's asking to the penny. When I spoke to him last, Full Throttle was out of them and he still has a couple. On the MAF, either way works. If you get it from him or me, I'll be shipped out from here. It's the same money and it time is an issue for setting up your MAF pipe, getting it straight from me will probably get it in your hands quicker. If you want a MAF pipe and a MAF it would be cheaper to get it all in one shipment to save on postage.