User friendly rollbar

Dr.drivability

9 second wannabee
What can be done to make a roll bar user friendly? I don't race my car all that much, but, I drive it all the time. My wife and three kids like to cruise with me. Can the rear bar (behind the front seats) be made removeable? I really want to race this car, but I want to use it as well. Thanks Dave

Nope. Not and be "track legal".

If you "play" at the track, like I do, usually they will not say anything, if you run in the 11s. Below that, forget it.

Heres the fix. Buy ANOTHER TB!:eek: :D One for the street and one for the strip!

How's that stroker working out? Just bought a TH400 for mine. Pieces are piling up!

Your better off with no bar, as if you get in accident on the street the rear occupants could get hurt on the bar possibly if not in a 5 point harness. It a rear sticky situation. You will have to do 1/8 mile passes and then run some big numbers at the end of the day and get the boot.

My cross bar is removable. Its not technically legal but I did it in a way that is safe and pretty undetactable. I took a piece of 1 5/8" shaft and machined it so that bascially half is on the cross bar and the other half is on main hoop. When you put the two halfs together it makes a complete circle and the cross bar is round and the same diameter all the way across. I have one side threaded and the other is counter sunk. It uses two 1/2" X 13 grade 8 bolts to bolt it in. I have it turned so that in case I ever had a wreck the pull on the cross bar would be metal to metal with little to no strain on the bolts. I did it for the safety of my children on the street. With only a lap belt the cross bar would be the perfect height for my children to hit thier foreheads on the bar in case of a minor accident. When mine is bolted in I just put a peice of padding over it and it looks, feels and is solid--but not techically legal.