UR FOOD Viper ACR

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
This starts off like so many other of my kill/killed stories...

I was taking the long way home from the gym tonight....

When a red, winged beast came from no where and buzzed my drivers door carrying the message UR FOOD into my field of view.

Not one to be intimidated, I hit the throttle and jumped up behind him sending him a message...This lil' Buick V6 don't care how many cylinders you have....we gonna tangle, big boy.:cool:

We fall in line... me behind him... on a left turn onto a street that has no side streets and a good dustance to run it out. The light turned green and he takes it easy through the turn and goes wide into the outside lane, I moved to the middle lane...and then....

I committed the cardinal sin...I got a happy foot and nailed it, pulling a total ricer fly by. He was onto me and went WOT as I was blowing by.
I got out about 3-4 lengths and held my lead for the duration...

How you like those alky fumes Mr. Viper?

... until we had to get out for the next red light.
The only thing to do here was to u-turn and go back the other way...but this time I'll give him a fair start.

We u-turn and he comes along side.
That Viper V10 sounds wicked angry...
Him:Stick or auto?
Me: [didn't understand the question over the rumble of the V10] wha..uh...yeah...a few mods....:redface:
Him: No....stick or auto?
Me: Oh! heh heh....auto....:tongue:
Him: Can we go from a 5mph roll on 3?
Me: Sure why not...[knowing full well I was playing into his strength, but at least it eliminates excuses]
Him: OK

So we get back into game mode and get our roll on...he's about a fender up on me but I honk it off anyway.
I didn't break boost at all...just punched it on 3.
While I hazed my DR's, he lept out a bit and got up about 1.5 lengths but no further. He wasn't going anywhere and I wasn't reeling him in.
We ran it our about an 8th when he missed a gear and I closed the gap up, then we both got out.
It was a moral victory for me....this beast did not walk me like a special needs puppy even tho' I gave him a roll race.

We cruised through the next intersection safe and legal, get back alongside each other while driving and agree to go at it again so we make another u-turn to go back to our game zone.

After our u-turn there's a red light up ahead at the start of the game zone but it goes green just as we roll up.
I friggin' nail it....he doesn't so he quickly dissappears behind me several lengths until I let out....I can hear him honking and see him flashing his head lights like "HEY!"

I was reading the light....he was expecting to honk it off again.

He catches up:
Me: Sorry....I was reading the light.
Him: Nah I wanted to honk it off again...
Me...Let's go back the other way at the end.
Him: OK

He moves ahead and we cruise up to our original u-turn spot.

After the u-turn, we line up....for another roll race...my fender at his door but this time I'm brake boosting while he's honking it off...
I brake spooled to about 0 psi

On 3 I go all in...broke the DR's loose again and he got out by just aboout a length while I spun.
Once I hooked we were in the same mode...him going no where and me not reeling him in.
...then he missed a shift bad and I blew past him.

At the next light, he shows me his shoe came off while banging gears.
LOL:D

I conceded that from a roll he'd get me everytime.
I wanted to go from a dig, but there wasn't enough alky left for me to go again safely....red low alky light on the dash was blinking at the slightest bit of acceleration, so I waved off any further fun and games in favor of not blowing up.

I asked him if he was all stock; he said he had headers and I think he said a tune...

I told him to check out turbobuick.com cuz I was going to post something up.

Mr. Viper...Nice ride....one of my dream cars....thanks for the fun...next time we go from a dig;)
I predict an outcome similar ...yet different...:Dto our roll races only I'm sure you'll be looking at my back bumper...me not going anywhere....and you not reeling me in.

I think you might be the same guy I tangled with a couple years back when I was 100% stock down at the end of Alton.
Yes?

gallo you representing the dark side properly even after your incident with the PO'PO:biggrin:

You Bastard!

Taking a Viper behind the wood shed has been my dream-kill since I first got my GN. At least my turbo was there to see it.:D

Nice job.

A Legendary Kill...

Mike B.

Taking a Viper behind the wood shed has been my dream-kill since I first got my GN. At least my turbo was there to see it.:D

Nice job.

A Legendary Kill...

Mike B.

While I was reading the guys license plate...I was thinking about yours.

His said UR FOOD.
Yours says, UR LUNCH

I think I'd rather be called FOOD than turned into actual LUNCH.:D

I bet this Viper owner was at the DMV trying to get the plate UR LUNCH and had to settle for UR FOOD.

Wish I thought of telling the guy that UR LUNCH is officially owned by a 10 second Turbo Buick that would leave him in the dust:D

Chicken,
"I got to know" :biggrin: (As in this scene YouTube - Dirty Harry )
Is that Six Shooter currently quicker than the Big GUN Camaro?

From a dig, the GN would most likely take my Camaro down. The Camaro does not launch well at all. If I pop the clutch at any RPM, it just blows the tires off, so I have to roll into 1st gear a bit. evn then, as soon as I go WOT, traction dissapears and the ride from first, through 2nd and into 3rd is a wild one.

From a roll...I think they'd be pretty even at this point...but i can;t add more boost to the boost to the Camaro...:biggrin:

My Camaro is actally up on jack stands right now...has been for a few months.
Back before Christmas, I took it out for a shake down. Went to my favorite isolated burn-out spot and did my best John Force impersonation...

It was going nice, loud and smokey up until I short shifted into 3rd while already weaving and the back end passed the front end pretty quick. From that point on...I spun until I finally found a curb with my driver side rear wheel.:eek:

Toll:
Rim... bent and totaled
Tire... blown off and inner sidewall sliced open (it was near bald anyway:p)
Disc break rotor and hub...bent and cracked radially
Caliper...damaged by the inner rim grinding to a hault against it
Caliper brackets...slightly tweaked...
Moser tapered axle with pressed on bearings...slightly bent on the flange.

Total damage:...about $1K in parts and a Saturday on the garage floor.

Dirty looks from the wife as the tow truck dumped the wreck into our garage were free of charge.:rolleyes:

I haven't bought the parts yet...still paying down the total from my last set of upgrades on the GN.;)

Years ago when I was totally stock, I had a Viper attempt against the TR. He was so embarrassed, he got rid of the Viper.
He pulled out from a side street & waited for me to catch up. About 100 feet behind, I saw his rear drop about 6 inches & smoke boil out. I have to admit, it was one of the early Vipers, but as previously mentioned. he didn't take to the licking well. We had to get out early, due to running out of road & the PO PO was too shocked to even come out of hiding (my "dog" was barking).

"winged beast". LOL, so funny. It's amazing what the little V6 can do against the big V10's. Ahead of their time for sure.

While we were talking back and forth, he was pretty complimentary of the way I stuck with him.

Said something like "Holy [expletive deleted] that 6 is fast!"

What kind of tires are you running chicken? And what was your boost set at, when you were racing?

I'm running Nitto 555r 275/50/15's on stock rims.
Had them on there since October....and they are already smooth in the middle...:D

Boost is set at 21lbs and will creep up to 22 over the duration of a run.

Timing is where Eric set's it...
I have the fuel in the chip pretty much max'd out and the alky set on 6.5.
I intentionally run pretty fat for the sake of safety (O2's are usually 810-830), so there is A LOT left in the tune.