upgrading to alky, few questions

tl14910

my car is bone stock besides a hooker cat back exhuast. im ready to upgrade to alky injection and i have a few questions before i take the plunge. currently i have this on my parts to buy list.

alky kit
72lb injectors
walboro 350 fuel pump
hot wire kit
scanmaster
boost gauge
fuel pressure gauge
tach
adjustable fuel pressure reg

is there anything that i might be forgetting besides upgrading plugs and such?
and also am i overdoing it with the 72lb injectors? i figured the bigger the better but my goals are a mid-low 11 second car i wanted to know if i was overkilling it and maybe save a few bucks on a smaller set. thanks

Dont need that big of an injector for a stock turbo, especially running the ALKY which is like another fuel source. you also need a chip that will allow you to take advantage of the ALKY onw that runs more timing like a TT or Extender chip

I think that you are a little over optimistic on the injectors. Any thoughts on a downpipe other than factory? May I suggest contacting Razor on this forum (AKA Julio Don at alkycontrol.com) for his suggestions regarding matching injectors and an alkycontrol alky kit and matching Turbotweak (Eric Marshall at Turbotweak.com) alky chip? Both are supporting suppliers / vendors of TB.COM and they will take good care of you. Both are the best with their respective products / product lines.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/south-western-area/254717-alky-injection.html

build

Contact one of the vendors on this board as they sell good stuff for the TR.

Gbody parts
Hartline Performance
Full Throttle Speed
Cottons

1st thing to buy would be a scan tool. Either Scanmaster or powerlogger.

50 or 60 lb injectors with an Eric Marshall Turbo Tweak alkychip
Alkycontrol progressive gn kit
Walbro 340 fuel pump and racetronix or casper hotwire kit
Make sure that your 02 sensor is a good delco unit afs 20/21/22 I think is what they offer now
A good set of spark plugs gapped at .032 delco 43's work for me.
All vac lines in good shape with no leaks.
Fuel filter, pcv, etc.

Find information on your own as in research and learn the tuning procedures and start small. Start at low boost and work your way up. Don't just turn it up to 30 and go boom and be upset. Plenty of good info on this and other boards. Educate yourself on your car.

i appriciate it guys, im probably going to go talk to a local buick shop tommorrow, aggressive auto in michigan and ask a few questions and see what they can do for me.

Make the calls to razor and turbotweak yourself. You will learn so much and have there tech help while tuning you new mods. Unless you want that other shop beating the hell out of your car trying to tune it. just my .02