Upgrading my suspension...Need help...

Sixstringterror

I am lookin to replace my shocks, springs, body bushings, front upper and lower control arm bushings, rear upper and lower control arm bushings, sway bar bushings for front and rear and my whole steering system including tie rod ends, pitman arm and all the normal stuff that goes with it....

The questions are what should I get for parts...Ive been looking on gbodyparts.com at there stuff and there is so much to pick from...Im not looking to go with all new upper and lower front and rear control arms but maybe replace them with new poly bushings...Are the bilstien shocks a good set? Is the eibach lowering springs a good set? Is the whole steering kit they have a good deal or should I buy the steering parts seperatly at a parts store. Im looking to put the car back to a firm ride with a little bit of upgrading while I have the body off the frame. Any help would be nice.....Tim

Tim, go to your parts store for your front end steering components, get MOOG parts. Then you wont have to pay shipping and have a lifetime warranty. While you are there, get Moog 5658 springs for the front 1" drop. And the rear MOOG springs 5401 will be 1" drop and the 5413 will be 1.5" drop. I would personally suggest the 5413 sprng though. Springs can be had for $60 at the parts store. Dont use poly bushings in moving suspension pieces!!! They are junk. Use the Moog problem solver K6421 lower bushings for the front and you'll have ask the parts store what the uppers are, I cant remember the MOOG part number for those. I personally would use the money you save on the springs and steering components and get a set of SPC adjustable upper control arms for the front though. By the time you remove the bushings and install new ball joints, you might as well just get these. As far as the rear control arms go, I personally wouldnt mess with them as far as replacing bushings, just get a nice used set of Hotchkis lowers, there is a set on Ebay right now. I really like the quality and price of these and the bushings dont seem to bind up. If you really need to replace the upper arms, get a set of adjustable UMI's. As far as body bushings go, get a set of Energy Suspension bushings and make sure you grease the top and bottom of each body bushing when you install them! Hope this helps! ------Jeremy

with that spring combination, despite the rear springs dropping more than the front, is it correct to assume the front end overall will be lower than the rear, due to the weight of the engine?