Upgrade Racetronix 510 double pumper?

horndog

Anyone tried this? I was looking at upgrading my double pumper to possibly DW301 pumps or something similar. I shot a message to the mysterious Racetronix several weeks ago and no one has yet to respond.
Racetronix is starting to be on my shit list... another story for another time.....

It appears more I study my setup that I will need to upgrade to dual DW300 pumps. I will use AZGN because he answers his phone and messages. Plus, Nick is good for the community. Slowly finding out that fuel is something not to F with when running higher demanding systems. I guess what I am saying, dont skimp, dont cut corners on fuel, and make sure you have someone to support you on questions and the product.

It appears more I study my setup that I will need to upgrade to dual DW300 pumps. I will use AZGN because he answers his phone and messages. Plus, Nick is good for the community. Slowly finding out that fuel is something not to F with when running higher demanding systems. I guess what I am saying, dont skimp, dont cut corners on fuel, and make sure you have someone to support you on questions and the product.
J
Anyone tried this? I was looking at upgrading my double pumper to possibly DW301 pumps or something similar. I shot a message to the mysterious Racetronix several weeks ago and no one has yet to respond.
Racetronix is starting to be on my shit list... another story for another time.....
Just curious, did the 510 pumps fail when used with alcoh
Just curious, did the 510 pumps fail when used with alcohol?

No, the 510 pumps have not failed yet.
I did speak at length with a Racetronix tech and he said the following:
My 510 is the older model with the Dual Walboro pumps that barely meet the 255lph specs
The newer 510s have the Racetronix purple pumps that have been consistently testing to 275lph each
510 and the 680 share the same hanger but...
680 has 10 gauge wiring on the hanger
The intermediate wiring is also 10 gauge.
680 uses a larger 10 gauge hotwire kit

So technically I could upgrade them to dual 340s, but the cost probably would be more.
They suggested selling my 510 setup and buying the 680 setup. I am sure I could get almost I paid for it.

2 local guys are having some issues with the purple pumps popping fuses after a year or so on E85.

The DW pumps seem to do better. DW straight up advertises 100% compatibility with ethanol.

Huh, Racetronix seemed pretty confident of their purple pumps were better than the Walboros.
I have the walboros and seems fine so far... I am only testing at 15#

I think it'll work

image.jpg
image.jpg

yea, I know it will work since Nick had it built onto his hanger. I was saying I am not f ing around with pumps worrying if they will work out right. Everything I have read out people's experience lies well with the DW setups.

To speak of the devil...the pumps just arrived today with the 8lb of wire it takes to make them run. I'll tell you this....this fugging thing is built. Look at the damn wiring.

Attachments

• 20160801_181630.jpg
    20160801_181630.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 357
  • 20160801_181648.jpg
    20160801_181648.jpg
    993.6 KB · Views: 306
  • 20160801_181704.jpg
    20160801_181704.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 320
Thats awesome. I just wished they offered a 120 ohm sender for digital dash cars.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Got 5 more psi to the rail at idle with these bad boy twins.
That is not necessarily a good thing. Make sure to set it to 43-45#
Got 5 more psi to the rail at idle with these bad boy twins.

it doesnt hurt on ethanol and high hp applications.

It doesn't matter... Your injectors are set to operate at a certain pressure and your pump(s) have an efficiency range based on pressure.
You do not want to turn up the pressure too high or you lose the pump(s) ability to keep up lets say 50# base + 30# boost = 80# fuel pressure.
Now look at what your pumps can do at that pressure. There is not much adjustment on it to keep both(injectors and pumps) in their efficiency ranges.

I had DW300 and had one fail, so they are not any better then RT twins..I just went with RT twins 340 this time with there line kit...I'm done messing around with home made crap that don't work,and don't fit in the tank correctly when all the way down in the tank..I have tried them all, custom sender's, Reds twins, and DW300 twins and now RT twins. The RT set up should surpass all my needs, with the capabilities to hook up a light to show me that the second pump is indeed working at 15psi. It's also set up to run both at the same time or switch #1 #2 if one were to fail to get home without dropping the tank...peace of mind...Just my .02 cents

I know of someone also that had a DW300 about 3 years old that started to fail. It was on a dyno that showed it was not keeping up. All brands can fail. Regular monitoring of the pressure is needed.

after 4 years of e85 i had one of my 2 walbros 255 give up. Ordering DW300 from Nick . After talking to him and looking at my old PL logs, the 300s should help lower injector % a little bit vs the 255s.