Update

Twins

Wanna Trade Eyeglasses ?
I think I may have sorted out some of my no low end boost issues and I'm shooting for a trip to the track tomm.

After changing the elbow (kudos to Nocooler) it got better and then tighting up the collector (Duh dumb ass me!) I have all kinds of low end boost again. This is a problem I have been chasing for 10 months so my fingers are crossed.

Rolling at 10 mph and stabbing it equals lots of smoke in 1st and 2nd. Childish but a blast! :D .

17-18 psi in 1st and 2nd and 19-20 psi in 3rd and 4th. Pump fuel, alky and exhaust capped. 24 % 1st and 2nd 22% 3rd and 4th JL race chip. It just keeps on pulling.

I'll post back and let you know.

Sweet! Hopefully it all works out for you. I'd head up to Stanton to spectate tonight if I didnt have to sit through 3.5 hours of Software Engineering. :mad:

My 84 was doing the same thing when i jump on the gas white smoke came out the pipe a little after that my turbo started dumping oil you might want to look in ti that.

I'm gonna cool off so the post doesn't look like this ********** ***** **** *****

Later,

Christian

So, you trying to say the results weren't pretty. Hey, at least you didn't blow up the motor on your husband's car at Nationals...... Cause I did. Crank broke and the rest as they say is history. The whole bottom end looks bad. Already have a new block and crank the rest will wait until after the 85 is done and maybe the T.

boy have I missed alot

hey twins.....good to hear your problem is close to being solved..or is it? Turbo6x2.....you blew up the 87!?! sorry to hear that.

I just brought my car to where my engine is this morning. I'll let you all know when I'm on the road.

later

Brad

Yes, the stock 87 block is bye bye along with a few parts, like the crank, pistons and rods. The 85 however should be on the road soon, with the new body work and a paint job. I'm hoping in another week.... Time will tell. It was fired up and running just need to adjust the valves and paint the rocker panels and it will be close. Looking forward to having this one out and performing. We did a 11.88 on the 87 just a week before the crank busted and took out lots of parts. We have a block and crank need pistons and rods and take the motor apart (later this summer) After the 85 we are thinking about getting our spare motor ready for the T and have that out instead.

I had the exhaust clamped together at the collector and thought I was ready to roll.

After picking up OTHRWMNS slicks on the way to the track I started to get the lazy boost and by the time I got to the track I could hear it ticking again.

1st pass pump fuel 15-16 psi capped street tires...2.5 60's spinning thru 1st and 2nd 14.5 @96

2nd pass slicks 2.3 60' again no boost against the brakes 14.0 @ 96.

Put the street tires on and headed home.

Friday I had an exhaust shop put it up and the collector was leaking again and spread apart enough to allow the pass side to bang on the frame. There was a 6" gash down the drivers side header, and it was leaking at both up-pipe connections.

10 pounds of weld later they called to say it was all sealed up.

I'll pick it up Fri and go from there.

YNO: glad to here you're coming along!!!

6X2: where's the 85?

Later
CHRISTIAN

Yes I was told that at Bowling Green Tuesday when it happened. I didn't actually run over the crank, but I'm still a member. The 85 will be out soon. If things go great this weekend pretty soon.