Update on my dad

VictoryTrans

The cars stock....I swear
Well, he's finally back home. He's in good spirits, but still in a lot of pain. He's gonna be wearing a sling on his left arm until he goes back for surgery to fix the collarbone in about 3-4 weeks. The doctors are especially worried about this part of the surgery due to the possibility of his body rejecting the new bone. I would greatly appreciate if everyone can include my father in their prayers until he makes a full recovery. I will keep everyone updated as I find out more info. Thanks a bunch

BTW, sorry for starting a new thread, I just figured more people would read a new thread rather than the old. Bruce, you can delete the old thread if necessary. Thanks again

Your whole family has been in my prayers since the first post. Hope it all ends up good for all of you
Mike Licht

Tony,

I have be praying for your father. I know some time things seem like they are all negative. Like life is playing a trick on your sanity.
Have faith and be strong. Know that people are praying for your family and that ultimatly our fate is not in our hands.

Just so you don't think that you are the only one having a hard time. My wife has been sick since last year. She has not been able to work for 5 months. In december my aunt died. On may 28th my mother died from a heart attack at 67 yrs old. After her passing my brother and I became in charge of my 35 year old retarded sister. That required finding her a place to live trying to take care of her financially. We also have become responsible for my 87 year old grandmother. Last month the car home she was staying out decided to give her 30 days notice to leave. We had to get a power of attorney just to get access to funds to try and pay for everything. We are looking at $5000 a month minmum.
Last week my wife's 2 month old nephew went to the hospital with seizers. Her 7 year old cousin went into the hospital the day of my mother's funeral with severe brain swelling. He has been in the hospital for almost 3 months. He has been in and out of a coma. Thank god it looks like he will recover. We are not sure if so totally.

Don't lose your faith

Hope your father is doing better soon and will most certainly keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.....

Take care.:) :cool:

I'm sorry to hear about all of your misfortune John, I really hope that everything works out ok for you. I know how it feels though, it seems like everything happens one after another. It started in July of 2001. First my 90 yr old great grandfather dies, he was like my dads father, that was hard enough on its own. About a month later, my moms uncle, who was also her godfather died in his sleep. Then in January of 2002, my grandmother that had been sick for years passed away, she was like the rock of the family on my mothers side. A couple of months later, my dads best friend for years died in a motorcyle accident in Daytona. Then in July of 2002, my mothers cousin died in a terrible car accident. Just when you think you get a break for a while, the shop burns down the beginning of 2003, and then LITERALLY the next day my mom gets a call that her uncle, whom she was very close with passed away. And then it seemed like she got bombarded at once finding out that her uncle on her fathers side died and also her aunts husband. And then just when you finally get some time under your belt without tragedy this all happens to my dad, and its just getting worse now with his inability to work and not having anyone to run the shop. And on top of all of this, everyone is fearing for my great grandmother, having 3 of your children die in a little over a year can't be too good for your health. I just hope that God is done with all of this, and we can finally live without fearing when the next bad thing is going to happen. All I can do is hope

Both of you and both of your families will be in my prayers. I have never realized how lucky I am. Just me and a cat. Everybody else long since gone. I hope that things get better for both of you guys and your families.

Hope your Dad gets back on his feet soon. Sorry you've run into so much bad luck. All you can do is keep on pushin' and hope for a bunch of good stuff. Good luck to you all! :D