Update: Madonna's Shock Video

Two Lane

MADONNA PULLS NEW SHOCK VIDEO IN USA; SCENES OF TRANSVESTITE SOLDIERS, GRENADE THROWN AT BUSH; DEBUTS IN GERMANY

AOLTIMEWARNER recording mogul Madonna late Monday announced she will not release her shock video AMERICAN LIFE in the United States -- a short which depicted soldiers dressed as transvestites in a fashion show along with a scene of the star throwing a grenade at a President Bush look-alike!

"I do not want to risk offending anyone who might misinterpret the meaning of this video," Madonna announced.

Instead, AMERICAN LIFE aired Monday night on German Music TV.

It received strong applause from those in the studio.

Scenes of stealth bombers and missile launches are edited with flashes of the American flag, while Madonna is shown urinating on a toilet.

Later, images of mushroom clouds are mixed with innocent faces of Iraqi children.

"F**k It!" Madonna says in the video, moments before she pulls the pin on a grenade and throws it at a President Bush look alike.

Saw the video...

Was watching German video channel (VIVA). Yes, they've aired the video here. Didn't know that it was a Germany only airing. I didn't watch it for long... looked like the typical Madonna video so I didn't give it the time of day.

The part I saw showed her in fatigues, grabbing her crotch and such. Also, she drove out onto a catwalk in a Cooper Mini that was decked out to look military.

I could try to get a copy on tape, but the VCRs here are different. Although my VCR can play both American and German tapes.. so it might work.