Update and photos on T/A block

Larry

Motor should be done this month. I recieved these photos last week. It took me awhile to figure out how to down size them for posting. 273 Motor by Mike @T/A Performance, Cam 236-236 solid roller by Duttweiler, Anti roll bar by Steve Huges out of Ohio, roll bar by Vito Antonicelli out of Depew NY, Stock rear housing with a spool , 33 spline axles with large Ford drums from Moser,Transmission ( 400 ) with parts from Rossler Trans currently being built by Vince Janis of Ohio - Yea, I did the Kidney plate :eek: Getting close Larry
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubgallery.asp?id_=697061

kidney plate

Hey Larry where did you come with heater core to fit with the kidney plate?

Re: kidney plate

Originally posted by Buick6
Had it custom made, I could not find anyone who sold them anymore. I can send you a photo if you like. BuickGetReal@aol.com Larry

Whats the center line on that cam, and overall duration? an lift?

Originally posted by norbs
Whats the center line on that cam, and overall duration? an lift?
the specs are for cam installed at 113.0 intake centerline. Gross valve lift at intake is .571 and exhaust .584. Duration ar .050 --intake is 230 and exhaust 236
Larry

Very cool

Larry,

I like the pics. I figure it pays to do it right the first time. I see you share my point of view. I noticed there is a Champion head sitting on the workbench in one shot. What's up with that? ;)

Neal

Not bad cam specs, its almost as big as the one i plan to use in my stock block...:) thanks

Originally posted by John Wilde
I am going with 935HP on kill.
Do we have any other guesses?
I am running a smaller turbo (GTQ74) with 83# injectors ( 85-90% duty cycle). I am looking to run 800-850 HP until I get it settled out. Plus I hope to continue to show it. I can see it should look really nice when it is all done. Larry

Re: Very cool

Originally posted by 750H.P.V6
Larry,

I like the pics. I figure it pays to do it right the first time. I see you share my point of view. I noticed there is a Champion head sitting on the workbench in one shot. What's up with that? ;)

Neal
Neal, I am not 100% sure that is a champion head. It may be the other version Mike has made, but you could be right and I would have no idea Larry

Re: kidney plate

Originally posted by Buick6

kidney plate?????

Re: Re: kidney plate

Originally posted by TurboDave
kidney plate?????
A local radiator shop made it from scratch- I found that no one made them anymore. Larry

What is a kidney plate??:confused:

When I try to enlarge the photos to get a better look it just has a red x in the left corner.

Originally posted by broke1
What is a kidney plate??:confused:

When I try to enlarge the photos to get a better look it just has a red x in the left corner.
Kidnet plate is the black fiber glass piece. It is preformed and they used to be easily available. You need to trim and fit them to fit. I can not help you on enlarging the photos. I am a neophyte when it comes to computers. Larry

What black peice??Why is it called a kidney plate??Im stoopid so im gonna need some schoolin.:D