Unplugged maf and maf?

klrv6

Have a burnout party!!!
If I unplug the maf, the car idles better. Once given some gas or load, it is worse than when plugged in. Should I still replace the maf? I always read to see if it runs better with it plugged or unplugged, but is that just at idle?

maf

If I unplug the maf, the car idles better. Once given some gas or load, it is worse than when plugged in. Should I still replace the maf? I always read to see if it runs better with it plugged or unplugged, but is that just at idle?

Do you have a gm maf? Does it pass the screwdriver test? Do you have any codes or a scanmaster? More info is needed.

Original GM maf. When tapped with a screwdriver, there is no change. I can get some data tomorrow.

OK, it took me a little longer to get some data.
This is maf vs rpm. What should the maf be reading @ 600, 700 and 800 rpm? I thought it would have more movement than it shows. I have to put the iac adjustment screw all the way out (open) in order to get the reading down to 40 iac. What are your thoughts? The car stinks and stumbles when giving it gas. Once on the gas and in a little boost, it clears up...I am not going to push it

IAC 43
rpm 650
tps .43
BLM 126
o2 .566
o2 xovers 72
maf 5
closed loop
maf_vs_rpm.jpg

Where do I look now?

Thanks!

OK, it took me a little longer to get some data.
This is maf vs rpm. What should the maf be reading @ 600, 700 and 800 rpm? I thought it would have more movement than it shows. I have to put the iac adjustment screw all the way out (open) in order to get the reading down to 40 iac. What are your thoughts? The car stinks and stumbles when giving it gas. Once on the gas and in a little boost, it clears up...I am not going to push it

IAC 43
rpm 650
tps .43
BLM 126
o2 .566
o2 xovers 72
maf 5
closed loop
View attachment 140602

Where do I look now?

Thanks!

That doesn't look right to me. You should see an increase in MAF airflow with RPM.

maf vs rpm.jpg

I was thinking an issue with the maf. From what I see, it should go up 1 gram per sec every 15 rpm or so. I haven't figured out the exact ratio, but I don't think mine is even close.