Unknown GMP Prototype and other Rare Things

I am intrigued that you saw a 1984 WE4 box for sale anywhere in any form. The reason is this, I had in my possession all 750 WE4s before I shipped them out to individual customers. None had the outer shipping boxes except the one I explained about earlier. It couldn't even be a car that was held back from the normal run by GMP, they didn't have any. The only explanation I can figure is that when I got my first off the line sample overnighted to me, GMP probably did the same. When GMP went under they sold everything they could and perhaps that one was still there. Had I seen it for sale, I would have bought it. What is it really worth? I have no clue, but I now know of only mine and the one you speak of.

Gnvsta..... I see he has a nice collection there. ALL the sample cars were offered to me as I picked only the super rare error cool items from the Longs toward ....as Ted said correctly the end of the GREAT gmp. All the extra samples were/are being sold off online. Just recently I meet an old designer from gmp to help build my rare collection(great guy too).

Ted ... I always wanted the we4 white box but not even the owners could turn one up BUT I do believe there could be two boxes.... As you and I know there is a lot going on behind closed doors in the diecast world. Example...gold GNX and a line of 1/43 buicks or as I just found online a 1/18 1986 white type which was worked with gnx and unpainted tooling parts to create the X-ray car in the design room.

proto.JPG
[/quote] I just found online a 1/18 1986 white type which was worked with gnx and unpainted tooling parts to create the X-ray car in the design room.[/quote]

sounds sweet .....send me info if you could...

Hello mr hunt... I sold you the white tiger wheel GNX years back. How ya been? I'll post a few pics here soon:)

Love these pics. Interesting to see the stuff that never got out into the public eye. I do remember seeing some sample cars like the sage, yellow drag (with tweaked vents), 87gn 8001, and a couple others being sold on ebay last year. Thought I would post some pics of the gold stangklr GN. Pretty sure its a BYC car as there is no GMP SAMPLE stamp on the tank. Box has "24k gold 1of6" label on it. Still kinda cool even if it isn't authentic GMP. I do have all of the 1:18 and 1:24 production cars including the litho cars. Working on getting the transporters, tools, and trailer.
DSC02082.jpg

DSC02079.jpg

DSC02080.jpg

DSC02081.jpg

Rest of the cars
DSC02070.jpg

I already told you Jim when and if i'm ready ill sell you mine but that 87 of yours may be part of the deal :p

Hello Ted I got 2 sets of the D84 cars there was 4 cars in the set but I only bought the first two cars , I'd like to buy the other two cars if u still have them.. And possible other ones from u..

I saved the pics from that listing (from what I said earlier in this thread), I believe these are them:

gmp we4 error box says 1984 and its white.jpggmp we4 error box says 1984 and its white 2.jpg

theres no lic plate on rear (unless seller blacked it out for some reason?)

Had I of known how rare it was... well... :rolleyes:

I have a good one at home a white 1:24 T-Type with one missing headlight came out of the box that way then Ted was nice enough to send me a replacement car and didn't want the other one back the one he sent is still in the box unopend