Unbelievable..Navy can't find guy camped beside their runway on our lake!

Who Needs 8 said:
At least we don't say POP :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Probably say "soda"
Probably say " Sneakers"
and Probably sock instead of punch

All to fruity for the midwest burly guys.....

my mother used to live in Carrolton,,I laugh when the idiots were driving 80 in 1/2" of snow ,,40 cars in the center ditch,this was in 1986/1987

BandAid said:
my mother used to live in Carrolton,,I laugh when the idiots were driving 80 in 1/2" of snow ,,40 cars in the center ditch,this was in 1986/1987

Oh yeah . . . Texans have no idea how to drive in the snow. Although, I defend us because when it gets like that here, it's not really snow, but all Ice. I've driven in the Mountains of Colorado alot in mid winter, and it's alot easier to drive in. I don't know if that's because it's more snow than ice, or because you don't have to worry about others running off the road like you do here.

I lol'ed at a co-worker a few years ago who said: "I got 4 wheel drive, so I can drive in the ice with no worries." ROFLMAO. I told him: "So, instead of two wheels spinning, you'll have all Four wheels spinning. Yeah, good plan."

John Larkin said:
You should have worn your Batman costume. This could have been all over much sooner
LOL, that would have been the chitz. I see the headlines now..."drunk Batman captures Naval Air Station runway terrorist bandit on the shores of Lake Worth.." :) I still have that costume, or the Lake Worth Goatman costume, then I would have scared the guy out of his pants, he would have shot me with his bow and arrow for sure :D
Wait till you see what I have in store for this years costume....every mechanics nightmare :D

Well, maybe this ain't all that funny...wife just called me and said the Navy called wanting all of our personal info, height/weight/ dob/ ssn and stuff. She asked why and they said they are prosecuting a case against this guy and well...he paused and then said he cannot really disclose what they found but that it was not real good...
I don't want to disclose all of that info, if this guy is not working alone his other cronies could come after us...or maybe I have to go into the witness protection program and move..that would suck.

Is fishing with a bow and arrow illegal in Texas? :confused: Maybe he didn't have a fishing license.

J/K . . . If you have to go into the WPP, I'll keep an eye on your rides for ya :wink:

UNGN said:
The F-14's used to buzz around us at Yellow Belly Dragdtrip in the ghetto.

One of my most memorable moments was visiting Yellow Belly. My brother lives in the DFW area and the first time I was in the area I was looking for something to do so I thought I would drive over to Ennis and check out the track. This was around 1988. I looked in the yellow pages for directions and saw Yellow Belly listed in there so I went there since it was on one of the major roads going through that part of town. Yep I would have to say it is in the ghetto. I was the only blonde haired blue eyed boy with in 1 mile of the place. I loved that dirt shut down area, the traffic light christmas tree and the curbs dividing the staging lanes. I ran off like 100 frames of film but something over exposed them so I dont have any pictures to post. That place needs to be on the list of every place a motorhead should visit before he dies or something. Totally wierd experience. Has it changed at all since?

Its still like racing down a narrow alley with chainlink fence and barbed wire on both sides.Guys all hanging off of it.Definitely not the place to be if you don't belong.

"I gots 2 dolla's on tha black cah!"

HEHEHE.

Last time I went they actually had staging lights (into the late 90's the timing started when the street light turned green, no matter how far down the track you were). I remember guys with mid 9 second cars at kennedale telling me than ran "low 8's" at yellowbelly.

"That place must hook" I thought. No, it didn't. With no staging light, you could leave a second early with no penalty.

I took my T-type there a few years ago. Other than a new tree, it hadn't changed much, but the cars there had gotten faster (though the people there hadn't gotten much smarter). There were cars that pulled the front wheels to the 60 foot line... with a passenger... without seatbelts.

Since the dragstrip is built on an old railroad siding between two warehouses, back in the old days the crown of the track was more than 6 inches from the middle to the sides (probably close to a foot). When motorcycles ran, both have to fight it out for the center of the track, or the they'd drift towards the gutters and certain, painful death. At least the track was self cleaning.

I'm going this Sunday, its the only track I've ever been too, so I can't compare it to anything. I usually go with friends, so I have a good time. Last time I went, they had some pretty quick cars their, includeing some pro stock dragsters. Saw a funny car too! But ya, I like it, cool place to go and chill with your friends and have a good time. Though they are less strict I have heard. My cars not too fast yet, so I don't really need the strictness yet.

DrkBluT-TyPe said:
I'm going this Sunday, its the only track I've ever been too, so I can't compare it to anything. I usually go with friends, so I have a good time. Last time I went, they had some pretty quick cars their, includeing some pro stock dragsters. Saw a funny car too! But ya, I like it, cool place to go and chill with your friends and have a good time. Though they are less strict I have heard. My cars not too fast yet, so I don't really need the strictness yet.

No way in hell you could be talking about yello belly with dragsters and pro stocks.The drivers would get killed,unless they changed alot in the past 2 years.Less strict would be an understatement,they have no rules at all.They check you for guns or knives at the gate....and if you don't have one they give you one!LOL

If you are in fact speaking of yello belly,DO NOT let your car out of your site.I know a guy who actually walked up on some guys trying to steal his very fast camaro.

JOHNDEEREGN said:
Any update Rob?

Ty :biggrin:
Haven't heard a thing since last post on Monday.
If you no longer see 2QUIK6 on here and a new member of '1SLOWSTANG' then you know I had to loose my identity :D

hahahhahahahahah

If they displace you please tell them I will take care of you cars hahahhahahahha :biggrin: :D :D :D :eek: :eek: :