Unbelievable..Navy can't find guy camped beside their runway on our lake!

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
I cannot beleive how incapable some of the Naval Base Security folks are at the Naval Air Station across the lake from me.
On Friday, I spotted a suspious looking guy on the shore line, less than 100 yards away from the Navay airplanes on the base...when he saw me approach, he dashed in the high grass and woods to hide.

On Sunday evening, we cruise up in the cove next to the runway and spot the same guy again...and again he runs and hides. We anchor off in the cove for about 15 minutes and can hear the guy moving around in the wooded area between the lake shore and the runway...only about 100 feet deep. The guy keeps trying the look at us through the trees...as I start up the boat, I can see him running thru the woods to go back where he was near the shore.
The guy is in a white t-shirt and raggy shorts..so he is not a military guy. There is no way to get to this area by land, and there is no boat or floating vessel for him to have gotten there by.

So Sunday we call the Naval Air Station and have to leave a msg.
Then we call FtWorth PD, give them all the info, then they connect us to the Naval Base, they collect the info.
Monday I go out, and cruise up in the cove again....guy is still there!!
I call Naval Base again...they said they just walked around the perimeter of the base...did not hop over the fence to get in the woods...I explain they'll never see him from the fence line...have to go by water....well they have no boat and they are the navy!! So they get the LAke MArshal to go over......MArshal calls me, I direct them to the exact location over the phone...They said they would get out on land and look thru the area....they still can't find him.
Naval Base calls me this morning...now they are with the Marshal on the boat, and they are in the complete wrong location!!

I don't understand with all of the military intelliegence why they can't find this dude, hell a helicotor with a night vision scope would do the trick.
Hell, I can spot him everytime I cruise up there. My thought was it could be someone camping out there to bomb planes for the Navy and Marines that are based there, the guy is on govt property already.

My neighbor now thinks that all this "heightened security" is a big ploy since they aren't trying to find this guy very hard.

wow, thats kinda scary, I wonder what would happen if this guy really wanted to do something? or maybe he is planning? maybe homeless? either way they should hve atleast already found him. :confused:

I suspect the guy is probably homeless since there would be no reason to stay there for almost 5 days that I know of now, but he really had to be determined to get to this location by foot...its at least a 3 mile hike around the shore line which is very rugged and would definitely require getting in the water at several points because he would have had to go half way around Lockeed Martain's F16 assembly plant to get to where he is unless someone dropped him off by boat. Much of that plant has barbed wire all the way out to the lake shore edge, much of which is a cliff or heavily wooded.

The Ft Worth Police have an Infrared scope on their helicopter. They could find the guy in a minute if they wanted to.

He isn't inside the perimeter, so he should be FW PD's.

Send a Email to FOX4. They will go nuts over it.

The guy is on the Naval Base property, just not over the barbed wire fence, FW PD said it was the Naval Security's issue but they would provide a boat for them to get there, which they did. When the Naval Base security captain called me this morning, he was on the FW Marshals boat. Yep, FWPD helicopter would find him in a sec but I guess they really aren't that concerned about it or they would have brought it over last evening when the Marshal was out looking for him.
FOX4 will not be able to get up there to make a story out of it, they can't fly their copper in that area.
I'll probably fly by there this evening on my jetski and see if I still spot the guy..I haven't heard back from anyone since the call this morning...and if they didn't get out and look around on the land, they aren't going to see him, you have to be looking in just the right spot when you round the corner of the cove to see the guy cause he hides quickly....I come around into the cove at around 60-65 mph and travel up to where he is in just a few seconds...the cops I'm sure probably idled in and they don't know exactly where to look to spot him.

See if you can get a number to the headquarters of the base and talk to the highest ranking person there demanding to speak to the admiral of the base.

The base security is too busy harassing people that allready have military ID's and base stickers.

Oh, also, the tv news would love to hear this, I would send them an email anyway, if you can, try to get a picture of this guy.

This would surely humiliate them into taking some action

That's a good idea, I'll take my camera this evening when I go back.

Well I did not see the guy yesterday evening, doesn't mean that he didn't get smart after the cops show up in a boat twice that he didn't move to somewhere else... I called and Capt at the Naval base and left a msg asking if they caught him or I needed to keep a watch out for him :D See if they return my call...

I guess the most unbeleivable part of this is that its a Naval Base and they don't even have a boat on the water!!

I still think that it's funny the NAVY has a base in Ft. Worth . . . which is some 300-350 miles from the ocean. :biggrin:

(yes, I do really know why they have a base there)

Who Needs 8 said:
I still think that it's funny the NAVY has a base in Ft. Worth . . . which is some 300-350 miles from the ocean. :biggrin:

(yes, I do really know why they have a base there)

It's actually a "Joint Reserve Base" so it's Navy and Air Guard. The Navy moved there after they closed the "Dallas Naval Air Station" which was about 11 miles closer to the Ocean.

The F-14's used to buzz around us at Yellow Belly Dragdtrip in the ghetto.

Nah! Yello belly cant be in the ghetto!

I only live about 4-5 miles from there. ;)

But you are right ,some rough characters there.I have been known to make a showing there from time to time. :cool:

Back on track though.

I would imagine that they would be worried about some strange guy living by their airstrip.No telling these days,he could be doing spy work for terrorists or something. :mad:

Update...was out on the water today and what do you know...the guy was still there!!
So on the way back I noticed the Lake Marshal over at the ramps with their boat..which is right across the lake from the cove, about 1/2 mile.
Talked to them and one of the officers was on duty last week when I reported it, so they wanted me to go show them where he was, so they followed me over there..of course the guy was hiding.
But I pointed to where they needed to go up and check it out...As soon as they walked up the hill, the guy poped out of the woods so they nabbed him.
I'm floating around out in the cove from a distance, they dig around in some brushy areas and pull out 5 or 6 grocery sacks, don't know what was in it. But them the other officer comes down to the boat with 2 or 3 arm fulls of arrows and 2 bows..guess he used them to hunt by up there....but then I realize, that's what he had last week when he was sneaking around in the woods while we where parked there and saw him running with when we took off....maybe he was trying to shoot us with it.
Anyway, officer told me it was felony treaspass on govt property and the Naval Base officers were in route to come pick the guy up..he would not elaborate on what they found up there. I'll see if any other news turns up on him...

You should have worn your Batman costume. This could have been all over much sooner.
me-and-tam-halloween03.jpg